file Rules Team Rulings - 22-APR-2013

25 Apr 2013 07:57 #47675 by Ankha

Kinda bummed... I just traded some pretty decent stuff for some Lilith's blessing. Yes, I know all VTES players in the known universe had them out the wazoo but I did not.

Well, the same happened to me with PTO and Memory. But at least, Lilith's Blessing may come back ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2013 16:42 #47706 by ReverendRevolver

Kinda bummed... I just traded some pretty decent stuff for some Lilith's blessing. Yes, I know all VTES players in the known universe had them out the wazoo but I did not.

Don´t know which country / city you are from but in Europe / US this was a pretty widely available promo card.

It was available from what i had seen beginning around when heirs was released, and the first two tournaments i played in locally i got one each time. Then thry were gone. I picked up 2 at the NAC in new orleans that year, and we had arrived early. Once i took 2, 3' or less were left, and this was the evening before events were underway.

After that, it was really spotty with its availability in any tournament i attended. Granted, thats only ohio tournaments, except maybe 2 a few states aways, but lilliths was immidiately a combo card people had ideas for.
It wasnt infamous insurgent, or rubicon. You never saw someone saying " ill never use this" and giving it away, and if it was a grab what you want prize system, liliths were the first empty space among stacks.

It was available, but even being active in tounaments not localized to one meta when it was available, i only managed to get enough for two decks, and thats more than many players got.

Anyway, thats the reason people comain about how hard it was to get, then have to buy them or had to trade stupid for them.

Johannes is entirely right about availability, on the supply side, but there was really high demand for something that lets you fetch skill cards or cockroach play as you wish.

Its banned for now, and while im sure id be even less happy if i spent $10 a pop on them( i already lose my malkavian antitribbu potence deck and have to rebuild one of my gotsdam decks) i think at the very least, a lesson about future promos will have been learned by the scarcity of LB and POD is the already coming into existence way to avoid similar issues in the future.

But, LB availability issues is no different than promo vamps being harx to find for new players when, lets say, Fatima isnt exactly easy to track down either. So, its a known issue that POD fixes, revardless of other factors.

More
25 Apr 2013 18:50 #47714 by johannes

It was available, but even being active in tounaments not localized to one meta when it was available, i only managed to get enough for two decks, and thats more than many players got.

I am pretty sure it was/is available through tournament packs from David Tatu. No?
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.tatu

More
25 Apr 2013 18:54 #47715 by KevinM

Anyway, thats the reason people comain about how hard it was to get, then have to buy them or had to trade stupid for them.

I gave away four per player at Origins for the last two years, and they were $4-6 for years on eBay.

They weren't difficult to acquire, not at all. But this is pretty much my canned response to $4-6 cards that people complain that they are unable to obtain.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
25 Apr 2013 20:00 - 25 Apr 2013 20:02 #47716 by ReverendRevolver

I gave away four per player at Origins for the last two years, and they were $4-6 for years on eBay.

They weren't difficult to acquire, not at all. But this is pretty much my canned response to $4-6 cards that people complain that they are unable to obtain.

At which events? I helped you stack the support day 1 last year, and i dont recall seeing it. Not to say it wasnt there, i just dont remember it. Kind of moot for this year i suppose...(edit, if i find it among the promos i gave my wife, all complaining about its scarcity in this part of the united states is moot)
The year before i made final table at shadow twin and didnt get my stuff until another player gave it to me, so i cant say for sure with that year... i think the actual qualified players got lb promos that year for sure, but its normally not ppl i see every year at origins griping about not having it ( odd, since all but the forums users ive heard gripe live in the state origins is held in...)

@ johannes, it might be, but i got the 4 i needed the first year, and i felt no need to get more.

Hell, you cant swing a dead cat in ohio without hitting a prince, so i feel no need to be one and organize prize support, short of helping organizers distribute it.
It wasnt as easy to get as junk cards, people whined, i found what i needed.
Az soon as PoD is running, people overpaying for promos shouldnt happen anyway, i suppose.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2013 20:02 by ReverendRevolver.

More
25 Apr 2013 20:32 #47717 by Wedge

Additional Strikes
A minion may only gain additional strikes after the initial strike resolution, or after the resolution of one of his or her additional strikes. A minion with unresolved additional strikes cannot gain additional strikes. A minion is limited to gaining additional strikes only from one source each round. A minion cannot pass on using an additional strike.

Does this have any effect on

Octopod

Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same circle as another one in combat. Can be used by a vampire even if he or she is not involved in the combat.
[san] Only usable before range is chosen. The Blood Brother in combat gets an additional strike each round this combat.
[SAN] As [san] above but with two additional strikes each round.

or

Vial of Garou Blood

Equipment. A vampire with this Vial may burn this card before range is chosen in a round of combat. If he or she does so, he or she gets +1 strength and an additional strike each round for the remainder of combat, and he or she cannot use other equipment cards for the remainder of combat.

?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds