file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter November 2017

03 Dec 2017 11:34 #84448 by elotar

Only decks I've seen which played it was some MMA with Cybele. Without Anthelious it's better to remove Gehenna cards from them altogether.

I don't think this has anything to do with anthelios. Anthelios makes master card-intensive decks simply better. You can still play Rise of the nepthali without Anthelios if you want titles. There are other non-disruptive gehenna cards to play to satisfy Rise. Blood trade for example.(all boons are burned, woop woop!)

You obviously can play RotN without Anthelious, but generally you should not.

Logic behind it in decks I've seen was that you are counting of having Anthelios in play anyway (by having several copies as well as maybe liquidation - ashurs module to cycle to it) so it's easy to add RotN for some vote angle.

If you gameplan does not involve gehenna cards than adding several of them (one copy of Blood Trade will not be enough, obviously, to not be stuck with RotN in hand) for quite questionable gain is extremely not optimal.

Actually after some thought I'm not sure that removing independent clause will solve this problem anyway, so it'll be fine and easier to left it as it is. Anarchs got much more reliable Fee Stakes for the votes anyway.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2017 11:40 #84450 by Lönkka

4) here we got confusion, because some players was even unaware that allies should be played into uncontrolled region. After discussion consensus, I think, is that something should be done, but proposed solution is not the best one.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone recruit Allies properly. Everyone always places them to controlled region.

If you play them correctly it doesn't matter if the region is called uncontrolled or something else, but do play them somewhere else than the ready region please (granted having the Allies in uncontrolled region is somewhat confusing).

I do not like the rule change proposal #1.

With the rules as they are now, you need to carefully consider how to bloat with a deck that generates lots of counters in the uncontrolled region (Thing, Little Mountain Cemetery, Unwholesome Bond and the likes). If moving a vampire to the ready region ceases to be mandatory those decks simply do not have to be careful any more.

Yeah, bloating becomes somewhat more easy which indeed is somewhat of a drawback in this.
But otherwise it is a good idea -putting the influence phase on the same level as all the other phases (do stuff in the order you like) and making it all less possible to fumble with transfers and putting minions out, is long overdue.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Dec 2017 13:04 #84452 by ReverendRevolver
Everyone just puts allies into ready region as is, so why not make the rule "allies cannot act the turn they were recruited"?
We are already looking to rework a rule, we are trying to remove redundant things (which can help expand player base by helping the learning curve).
End of the day, cry wolf/abomination combo is better. Doesn't more viable options without theme getting diluted universally improve things?

More
03 Dec 2017 18:06 #84455 by Ankha

Everyone just puts allies into ready region as is, so why not make the rule "allies cannot act the turn they were recruited"?
We are already looking to rework a rule, we are trying to remove redundant things (which can help expand player base by helping the learning curve).
End of the day, cry wolf/abomination combo is better. Doesn't more viable options without theme getting diluted universally improve things?

As I said, it's an interesting option. It would require errating a few cards though, such as Nocturn ("Move Nocturn to the ready region when recruited.") and Infernal Servitor

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds