file First new products are available!

09 May 2018 14:27 #86684 by BenPeal

Ben Peal used to talk about the starter set and the problems they were having a year, half-a-year back. The distribution and content weighs were discussed back then. That alone assures me that they're really working on a starter set.

We're really working on a starter set. Nothing else to formally (or informally) announce about it at this time. We'll announce stuff when we're ready to announce stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, PetriWessman, Kraus, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2018 14:29 #86685 by Kraus

They're really working on a starter set.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
09 May 2018 14:31 #86686 by elotar

I haven't seen FFG's pack distribution as a fail. Quite the opposite. Furthermore, Black Chantry offers 120 card packs at the moment. There's plenty that could fit in. It's all about sorting out the rarit-- sorry, quantities of cards you're sure to get. For fixed distribution to work previous rarity system should be changed

If you think, that it'll be possible for VtES to distribute each set to the stores in the format of 20 different boxes and have any hope to be successful with it, than we are really have nothing to discuss.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
09 May 2018 14:43 #86690 by Kraus
Yeah, I was beginning to think that's the case a few posts back...

My bad in even trying.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
09 May 2018 15:00 - 09 May 2018 15:06 #86692 by PetriWessman

How many boosters of would you have to buy to get 8 copies of charismatic aura? Charismatic Aura is listed as uncommon.You get 2 uncommons per pack. Assuming even distribution you'll have to buy 49 packs to get ONE copy of that card and 538 other bits of useless cardboard. Remember that you said your only aim is to get Charismatic Aura. Following that math, you'll have to buy 390 packs to get 8 of that card and as a result have 4,300 more useless bits of cardboard.

This, very much. Even though the "fixed set" approach has its problems, the random booster scheme was much, much worse. Been there done that, and would not like to go back.

Ideally, some time down the line we'd be able to order sets on a card-by-card basis from print-on-demand. In the meantime, I'll take this format over random boosters any day of the week.

As to how to get it to new players via game stores: that's partly a different topic, and one I suspect the guys at Black Chantry (along with various retailers) are brainstorming about. I don't have the answers to that. I'm pretty sure someone will come up with an ok solution later. Will it be perfect? Probably not.
Last edit: 09 May 2018 15:06 by PetriWessman.

More
09 May 2018 15:20 #86693 by elotar
Something fun:

"Wax packs, also called unopened packs, are collectible cards still in their original packaging. Similarly, trading-card boxes are unopened boxes of cards. Buying wax packs and trading-card boxes involves a little bit of risk and suspense, and a whole lot of self-control—you won’t know what you’ve bought until you open the pack, but opening it decreases the value, so most collectors never do.

Most, but not all, wax packs include a stick of bubble gum. If the wax pack is vintage, the gum is likely rock-hard by now. Vintage wax packs printed before the 1970s are especially sought-after. While some people call wax pack collectors crazy, the accumulation of unopened packs is simple economics: the packs of cards themselves are often scarcer than the cards inside, so the unopened packs gain value both for collectors of unopened packs and for those hoping to get their hands on a pristine Mickey Mantle or Michael Jordan card. And every time an unopened pack from pre-1970 is opened, that means one fewer wax pack still exists, and the value of those that do goes up.

Most unopened packs of interest to collectors date from the 1960s or before, but the most collectible basketball wax pack is the 1986 Fleer set. Although there are ample supplies of this pack, demand always seems to outweigh it, as this is the set that contains the coveted Michael Jordan rookie card. "

1986 freer booster costs $150 for 12 cards. Money grab! Fools! If they just PoD those cards for 10c per copy than everybody will be instantly happy! :woohoo:

Or not really? Maybe... :huh:

Lol. :cheer:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds