file New vampire: Lord Leopold Valemar, Lasombra Priscus

15 Jan 2019 22:54 #92900 by Klaital
Obtenebration is the second best stealth discpline in the game. Chimerstry is amazing discpline, it does basically everything. Vicissitude is also not bad, it gives decent amounts of stealth, solid combat, and lot of versatility. Serpentis doesn't have as many good cards, sure, but the ones it has are really good, like Enticement, Temptation, and Serpent's Numbing Kiss. Necromancy has shambling hordes, which is good enough to have made an entire deck type, and it has a number of other solid cards too like spiritual intervention, call of the hungry dead, and spectral divination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2019 23:09 #92902 by Mewcat
Now I think u trolling. Where is camera?

More
16 Jan 2019 08:38 #92909 by Lech
Well, he isn't trolling (much). While indeed, chimestry isn't that hot (annoying strats aside), giovanni and harbringers have a lot of high tier decks and they use (some) necromancy in those. Lasombra also have a lot of good decks, and while they don't this kind of support as Kiasyd does, they are in no way in bad state. Even sabbat got some good toys like Under Siege, and obtenebration imo does mostly fine, even if not in the direction i want them to do so. The problem is :POT: on those high capacity vampires, and how unflexible the discipline is.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
16 Jan 2019 09:18 #92910 by Kushiel

A big part is that obtenebrate is trash discipline.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's terrible. It only provides:

-stealth
-combat defense
-transient combat offense
-permanent combat offense
-transient intercept
-disposable allies for bleeding or blocking, which also contain a built-in Freak Drive

This explains why it's so underrepresented in the TWDA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
16 Jan 2019 10:17 #92912 by LivesByProxy
Lech, what direction do you want to see Obtenebration take?

Also, Potence has some good non-combat card ideas, but the cards themselves are underpowered comparitively. I like Brick Laying but it's such a weak effect and there aren't that many havens, and I'd probably be better of playing a rush action. Rampage is similarly bad. Interacting with Locations is a cool idea, but most Locations aren't played. :(

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
16 Jan 2019 13:47 #92922 by Mewcat
Obtenebrate is trash, in fact. The turd has just been shined by dominate, which is unreasonably powerful and wins with all sorts of secondary helper disciplines. dom/for, dom/ani, dom/nec, dom/anything you want really. Maybe in some exotic play groups obtenebration is a driving strategy (and I sincerely want to join those playgroups) but all I ever see it as is garnish for dominate (which is done better in several other ways so unless you like the color purple a lot why bother).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds