file ECQ organizers playing the tournament

07 Feb 2013 11:38 #44925 by wesile

I remember that some time ago before I was member of the IC the rule changed a little bit. Organizer gets the qualification only if she/he doesn't play. Checking the forum through my mobile is not the easiest way to find tjhe oginal post. I guess Johannes or Pascal will confirm (or deny) later

As far as I know that's the rule. If the organizer plays he/she is in the same boat with all the other players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 18:08 #44945 by KevinM

If the organizer can play in their regional qualifier, then there is no reason for this rule.

www.vekn.net/index.php/continental-championships

To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify.

Add a rule or drop a rule, but make it consistent.

Jeff, I've been trying to get the Powers That Be to change that grammar for YEARS. I've given up and I don't bother anymore. Sorry.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Feb 2013 18:27 #44948 by Boris The Blade
Just because the organizer is allowed to play does not mean he can afford to if the tournament is large enough.

More
07 Feb 2013 20:43 #44955 by Squidalot
Hi,

the National Coordinator view on the forum was that yes if you so wished you could multi-judge qualifiers.

Qualifiers with 20-50 players have already been run using multi judge.

One thing to bear in mind is the judges you need and if you would have enough capable judges for the players you would have attending (it may be that it would be better to have one judge that didn't play)

As Jesper points out the Judge guidelines/Tournament rules are due an overhaul and it is in the slow works to be done and also very important some groups may prefer not to multi judge and this is also fine..

More
08 Feb 2013 05:53 #44968 by Jesper
Ehhh Hugh, how the hell did you came to that conclousion. I think you are dreaming now. Or you have access to threads/information I dont have.

More
08 Feb 2013 07:34 #44972 by Squidalot
I have access to the same thread where it was carry on as we are now (i.e. with orgs doing that if they want) and we'll rewrite something and look at recommended max players etc.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds