file Striga/Maleficia

11 Jul 2012 18:45 #33066 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia
sure but the rulebook tells you about titles and princes and justicars.

it doesn't tell you about Maleficia, Striga, Flight or other traits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2012 04:20 #33079 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia

sure but the rulebook tells you about titles and princes and justicars.

it doesn't tell you about Maleficia, Striga, Flight or other traits.

Are you referring to the rulebook link to the left? because that rulebook doesn't mention Potence, or Celerity, or any other disciplines. Yet the rules describe how to play a card that requires a discipline, even if you have no idea what they are called.

There are other keywords and traits such as "Gehenna" or "Investment" or "Government" or "Inquisition" that don't have explanations in the rulebook. This is because they are defined by the cards.

The rulebook does not need to address Striga/Maleficia, nor Flight. You see a minion card with a requirement on it, you look for a vampire that can play it, or vise-versa: you see a vampire and you look at what minion cards she can play. Some minion cards let minions play additional cards (such as Master: Discipline cards, or Striga for examples.)

These issues do not need to be addressed in the rulebook. Perhaps, something more in-depth like a reference guide or a "wiki" would be more appropriate.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
15 Jul 2012 10:17 #33222 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia
Ahh, Maleficia and Striga, the un-disciplines! Just like 7UP is the un-cola! :D God I love this game. :)

More
15 Jul 2012 11:14 #33223 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia
As a side note, I believe Striga and Malefica would have been way better served as requiring infernal instead of being no-discipline. The main difference would have been some infernal !tremere would have been able to infernal pact them out. It don't seem too much of a stretch.

More
16 Jul 2012 04:13 #33248 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia

As a side note, I believe Striga and Malefica would have been way better served as requiring infernal instead of being no-discipline. The main difference would have been some infernal !tremere would have been able to infernal pact them out. It don't seem too much of a stretch.

There was more a concern about the Great Beast.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Jul 2012 04:55 #33249 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Striga/Maleficia
Just out of curiosity, and admitting that I don't know the Striga and Maleficia cards very well, would it be a problem for the Great Beast to be able to choose one or both of those traits?

I mean, we are talking about the Devil incarnate, apparently, so it certainly would make sense.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds