file Abusing Leroux

05 Oct 2012 21:05 #38419 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

he's obviously the best weenie in the game by leaps and bounds. he bleeds for 2 just by himself, without any other card on the table being involved. at least Beatrice requires some conviction cards to be usable, and she's at risk of being stolen anytime.

what's next, a 3 cap prince with no drawbacks?

Marcianna Giovanni, Investigator or Royce aren't too shabby either, to be honest. :)

I just noticed there are a total of 6 2-caps in group 2 with :dom: . That's a lot, and none of them have any drawbacks which would really matter much.

weenie :dom: is pretty strong indeed. but I think it is mostly thanks to basic Deflection, rather than playing a couple Conditionings and running out of blood.

many players know how to defend/attack against weenie :dom: too, but that doesn't mean they're balanced. they're still tiers above most other vampires in the game.

I agree that Leroux is the best weenie, like, ever. He don't even need discipline to do his dirty work.

But he is alone, not (yet ?) overused, and he help decks which aren't exactly top tier, so I believe he can be left alone.

fair enough. even though I'm arguing that Andre is too powerful, I actually don't care if VEKN nerfs him or not. I even abuse him myself, because many players around me are fixated on bigcaps and ignore weenies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2012 04:54 #38436 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Somebody mentioned the fact that Fida'i were errated. What was their old text ?

Printed Text

Fida'i
Clan: Assamite (group 2)
Capacity: 2
Disciplines: cel qui
Independent: Fida'i do not untap as normal during the untap phase. Any ready Assamite you control with capacity avove 6 can burn 1 blood to untap this Fida'i. Fida'i are not unique and do not contest. (Blood Cursed)

Errata Text

Fida'i
Clan: Assamite (group 2)
Capacity: 2
Disciplines: cel qui
Independent: Fida'i do not untap as normal during the untap phase. During your untap phase, any ready Assamite you control with capacity above 6 can burn 1 blood to untap this Fida'i. Fida'i are not unique and do not contest. (Blood Cursed)

Same issue, didn't have "When/During/etc" clause and thus would have worked like Maris Streck ( "Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1 intercept."). Except that was too powerful... because quietus.
:whistle:

Now we have it again and this time it's not corrected, in favor of the Camarilla, again.

Why don't we stop all this crap and just make all these abilities assumed to be with timing errata already? That way Maris LeRoux et al doesn't stand outside the design paradigm. Makes rulings consistent and everyone's lives easier -- and it keeps Fida'i down with their oh so dangerous quietus.

Here, let me help:

Andre LeRoux
Clan: Toreador (group 5)
Capacity: 3
Disciplines: aus
Camarilla: During your minion phase When a vampire you control successfully bleeds, you may reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn.

Maris Streck
Clan: Malkavian (group 3)
Capacity: 9
Disciplines: AUS OBF ani dem dom
Camarilla Malkavian Justicar: During an action Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1 intercept. She can take a +1 stealth action to allow you to look at and rearrange the top 5 cards of your library.

There, consistency and less complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Boris The Blade

More
06 Oct 2012 08:29 #38442 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Why don't we stop all this crap and just make all these abilities assumed to be with timing errata already? That way Maris LeRoux et al doesn't stand outside the design paradigm. Makes rulings consistent and everyone's lives easier -- and it keeps Fida'i down with their oh so dangerous quietus.

No one stands "outside the design paradigm". By definition, they are all "inside" of it.

Their rulings are consistent: The word during sets up a "once per X" constraint, and not having that word doesn't. I've never met a player that didn't understand this -- though I've met players that didn't WANT to understand it.

Everyone's lives would be easier if everything were the same, true. Is that the ccg that you want to be playing?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
06 Oct 2012 09:08 #38443 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Now we have it again and this time it's not corrected, in favor of the Camarilla, again.

TWDA and personal experience suggests that Andre favors independents over Camarilla.

More
06 Oct 2012 09:45 #38445 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Well, although I don´t like errata, I hope the design team take note for future sets. These seemingly random inconsistencies really makes it hard to teach people VTES.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 Oct 2012 09:53 #38447 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

weenie :dom: is pretty strong indeed. but I think it is mostly thanks to basic Deflection, rather than playing a couple Conditionings and running out of blood.

Lilith's Blessing anyone?

Also, see Coven and Jake Washington etc

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds