file Abusing Leroux

06 Oct 2012 16:02 - 06 Oct 2012 16:03 #38451 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
Andre Leroux compares rather unfavourably to a DOM weenie like Keith Moody.

Andre may not need cards to increase his bleed but does need minions bleeding... I know which of them I consider to be the scarcest resource, overall.

Then we get to the delivery issue of said bleed... fun times.

Lastly, if one factors in bounce capability (w/according blood gain), Andre Leroux gets swiftly demoted to cute novelty to support combat and little else.

Drain
Last edit: 06 Oct 2012 16:03 by Drain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2012 18:28 #38453 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

but does need minions bleeding...

True, but even on his own, he bleeds for 2, no cost, no cards. That's scary for a 3-cap, even if we don't consider his bleeding ability with other vampires.

More
06 Oct 2012 19:06 #38457 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

but does need minions bleeding...

True, but even on his own, he bleeds for 2, no cost, no cards. That's scary for a 3-cap, even if we don't consider his bleeding ability with other vampires.

Béatrice Oracle171 Tremblay is a 3cap that bleeds for 2. Never seemed scary to me (and she can have convictions too!)

More
06 Oct 2012 20:07 #38463 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
yeah, but beatrice is an ally, and thus can be stolen.

leRoux is good, real good. But Keith moody and other gr 1/2 dom weenice 2caps are TONS better even as a support for a combat deck. They can deflect, bleed AND graverob.

i was never really impressed with LeRoux. Sure, once in , like, ever 10 games, you will have all your vamps in torpor, and your predator will have Enkidu, LeRoux, and 3 1-caps... but really, at that point, you are already dead :laugh: , Andre or no Andre

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune, Vlad

More
06 Oct 2012 21:13 - 06 Oct 2012 21:14 #38466 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Andre may not need cards to increase his bleed but does need minions bleeding... I know which of them I consider to be the scarcest resource, overall.

If you do a DOM bleeder, bleeding minion.

Else, it may very well be card space in your deck.

Leroux is, for three pool, a Palla Grande without time limit. Of course, it has weaknesses to counter that (can be sent to torpor, contested, or blocked/redirected more easily), but nothing else give that much raw power by itself

Lastly, if one factors in bounce capability (w/according blood gain), Andre Leroux gets swiftly demoted to cute novelty to support combat and little else.

And once you factor that other, non weenie, vampires can deflect or intercept, but no other vampires give +1 bleed to all your vampires, you understand that Leroux is way better than any cute novelty DOM weenie.

In other word, on pure power level, Leroux is better because no other vampires provide what he give. Beatrix with a conviction is the only one that can compare a bit, and she is usually weaker.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2012 21:14 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
07 Oct 2012 03:10 #38471 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Why don't we stop all this crap and just make all these abilities assumed to be with timing errata already? That way Maris LeRoux et al doesn't stand outside the design paradigm. Makes rulings consistent and everyone's lives easier -- and it keeps Fida'i down with their oh so dangerous quietus.

No one stands "outside the design paradigm". By definition, they are all "inside" of it.

Their rulings are consistent: The word during sets up a "once per X" constraint, and not having that word doesn't. I've never met a player that didn't understand this -- though I've met players that didn't WANT to understand it.

Everyone's lives would be easier if everything were the same, true. Is that the ccg that you want to be playing?

Fida'i were consistent before their errata as well.

And as much as I like VTES it's a pain in the ass to explain to new players because of stupid little things like this. There's a reluctance to embrace errata, except when we just do, and it's rarely for anything worthwhile like consistency. There's so few exceptions to this timing structure why are we holding on to it? Tradition is a poor answer in my view.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds