file [EC 2012] Can you answer these?

28 Oct 2012 10:40 - 28 Oct 2012 10:42 #39846 by Izaak

Is superior Renewed Vigor a D action when played on someone else?

It targets something controlled by someone else, so yes. Similar to crosstable torpor rescue.

Can I withdraw in a duel if I already have 2 VPs, in order to give my predator 1 VP?

Yes, but only if doing so would give you the Gamewin. (Which, when you already have 2 VPs, it does).

Can I play VIsit from the Capuchin if I already control a Visit from the Capuchin with 1 counter?

It's unique and you're not allowed to self-contest, so no.

Can I tap a tapped vampire with Anarch Troublemaker?

Sure. You can tap stuff that's already tapped, except when the tap is a cost.

If two players are contesting Pentex, and I play mine, am I contesting it too?

Obviously, yes.

If a player who successfully called an odd number of Reversal of Fortunes is ousted, do we keep the curent turn order, or do we switch back to normal?

Reversal of Fortunes doesn't go into play, so you keep the current turn order.

Can I have 2 Call the Great Beast on the same vampire?

Sure. It's not unique and there is no card text preventing it. Why you would want to remains the question, of course.

Can a Warghoul with Pentex burn a location per its cardtext?

Yes. Pentex only prevents acting and blocking. You can still play reaction cards, combat cards (if you would somehow enter combat) and use special abilities. The location burn is not an action, so it can be used.

If I play Spirit Marionette on a vampire with Pentex Subversion, what happens?

You gain control of it, must bleed, but it can't act, so it does nothing. It goes back to its original controller after the next action, which may be in the current turn or never again if nobody at the table acts anymore.

Can I play The Missing Voice, and then Virtuosa?

That depends. At mel, yes you can. It's just an action modifier. At MEL, no you can't because it needs to be played as the action is announced which has passed when you played The Missing Voice.

(I guess, technically you could play The Missing Voice in the as announced window as well, hoping to topdeck the Virtuosa, but I doubt that was the case here and I'm not even sure that's legal)

Can a tapped imbued use Champion?

The effect is a reaction. To able to use reactions you need to be either untapped or under some Wake-effect. So without any cards, no it can't. On the Qui Vive would solve your problem, obviously.

Does a Seduction on a Secure Haven'd vampire cost pool?

Since when is Seduction a master card? No.

If a Sabbat Ravnos creates an Embrace, is the Embrace Sabbat?

Yes. Embrace copies clan and sect, but not traits (Black Hand, Anarch)

Can I play an "attempt to block" card on an action I can't block? (Sense the Savage Way, for instance)

No. Same reason you can't flush a Second Tradition on a crosstable action (unless you're Anneke, but then you actually have to block too)

Is the Embrace of an Assamite blood cursed?

No. Embrace copies clan and sect only.

Can I convert an anarch vampire?

Yes. You can target an Anarch with Anarch Convert.

When do I remove the cards for Trochomancy?

When you play it. "Remove to get +1 bleed", so the removing of the cards is an additional cost. Ie, if you get bounced, it still removes the cards of the person that bounced it.

Can I tap the Dreams of the SPhinx during my untap phase, then untap it as normal, and then tap it again?

No. The first thing that happens in your untap phase is that all cards are untapped. There is no window before that to do something.

What happens if I play Eternals of Sirius when I have 4 pool (and choose to gain the pool) ?

Paying and resolving happens at the same time, so you pay 4 and gain 5, putting you at 5 pool.

Can I play Eternals of Sirius on 3 pool?

Nope. You can't try to play something you can't pay.

Can I forfeit the game if I already have 3 VPs?

Yes. You have the Gamewin and the tournament rules say that once you have the gamewin you can whatever the hell you want to do.

Do I gain the blood from Madrigal if the referendum is Delayed?

That depends. If someone immediately plays the Delaying Tactics, the referendum ends right there. Otherwise, Madrigal doesn't specify a timing window (like, when the results are tallied or something), so its effect takes place immidiately upon casting the vote.

Can I play Delaying Tactics anytime during the polling?

Yes.

Do I have to name the target card for Sargon Fragment's action?

Yes.

Do I have to name the card for Mistress Fanchon(s ability?

No. This is kinda odd, but I think the difference between this and Sargon Fragment is that Sargon Fragmens says "a" minion card and Fanchon says "any" minion card.

Can I use Andre Leroux's abilty more than once per turn? (on different bleeds)?

Yes.

Can I burn the Warghoul during an Entrancement action targetting it?

With his location burn special? Yes you can.

Can I play Liquidation if I have less than 7 cards in my library?

No. "Burn 7 cards to..." implies the burning of 7 cards is an additional cost and you can't play cards you can't afford.

Can I play VOter Captivaion after Freak Drive?

Yes.

I play superior Terror Frenzy. They play Target Vitals, which I cancel; Do they burn blood ?

Yes, for two reasons. The first one is that the extra blood you have to burn for Terror Frenzy is not actually a cost, but a burb blood effect. If you'd have no blood, you could still play the Target Vitals and just fail to burn the blood.

The second reason is that *if* it would have been a cost, the cost of cancelled cards is by default paid, unless the cancelling card specifies otherwise.

Tryphosa is in play. If my Malkavian's bleed is blocked, do i burn 1 blood?

No. Actions are only paid if succesfull. Tryphosa just adds 1 to the cost of bleed actions, but if the action doesn't reach resolution, the (increased) cost is not paid.

Can I tap the Coven during Damage resolutiopn?

I guess so, yes.

Does the Call the Great Beast card contest a summoned Great Beast?

Wait, what? How do you summon a Great Beast? Summon at TEM searches your ashheap or Crypt, neither of which can have a Great Beast in it. Call the Great beast's card text turns *the actual card* into the vampire, and once it hits the ashheap, it just becomes the action card again.

So, whatever prompted this quesion must have been preceded by illegal play.

Vaticination / Le Dinh To / Revelations: Do I get to see the replaced card?

Nope, unfortunately not.

Marcianna Giovanni: Does she burn 1 blood on a normal bleed action?

Sure. A "normal" bleed action is still a bleed action.

Temptatoon of Greater Power: Is there a bidding order?

No, I don't believe there is. It's a bit of a freeform auction format. Compare to Malkavian Time Auction, which specifies a bidding order.

Casting votes / ballots: Can I change my votes / ballots after casting them in some direction?

No. Rulebook 6.3.2.2: Once a vote or a ballot has been cast, however, it cannot be changed

If I play Breath of the Dragon at close range, and Rotschreck, do I take the agg?

No. Combat doesn't reach the damage resolution stage.

Does Fall of the Camarilla remain in play if there are only 2 other Gehenna in play?

Yes. The 3 Gehenna Cards in play are just a requirement to play the card, not to have it stick around.

My Villein is canceled by Bleeding the Vine. I play a Wider View. Do I get an extra MPA?

Sure, why not? Bleeding the Vine cancels the Villein and then gives you a new MPA. Wider View is then the first trifle that resolves, so it gives you another MPA.

Can I play more than 1 Torn Signpost each combat?

Yes, but all it does is repeatedly set your strength to 3 (or 2)
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 10:42 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2012 10:52 #39847 by Ohlmann

Does the Call the Great Beast card contest a summoned Great Beast?

Wait, what? How do you summon a Great Beast? Summon at TEM searches your ashheap or Crypt, neither of which can have a Great Beast in it. Call the Great beast's card text turns *the actual card* into the vampire, and once it hits the ashheap, it just becomes the action card again.

I believe the question is, a player have a finished Great beast (the clanless vampire is in play), and another Call the Great Beast is played.

My bet would be that no until the summoning is finished, because the clanless vampire name is "The Great Beast", not "Calling the Great Beast)

More
28 Oct 2012 11:10 #39848 by Izaak
Ooooooh right. I get it :)

Then the answer is no, it doesn't contest. The card isn't unique until it's a vampire.

More
28 Oct 2012 11:22 #39849 by Dr.Mafrune
There´s a bidding order by using Temptation of Greater Power.
If I don´t remember wrong is the same order as Malkavian Time Auction. Begins on the left player of whom played the card an goes on.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
28 Oct 2012 11:29 #39850 by Dr.Mafrune
On the other side I´m not shure you can use the coven to fill with blood on damage step resolution, because with Heidelburg Castle you shurely are not allowed to do this and the situations look quite simmilar.

More
28 Oct 2012 11:34 #39851 by Dr.Mafrune
Terror frenzy says the cost increases by one, not burn one additional blood to play combat card. So, I bet you don´t pay if the target vitals is cancelled.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds