file [EC 2012] Can you answer these?

29 Oct 2012 12:58 - 29 Oct 2012 12:58 #39928 by Izaak

Does Fall of the Camarilla remain in play if there are only 2 other Gehenna in play?
No.

This one baffled me as well. LSJ is pretty clear on the subject in the earlier linked post and there is no rules change that I'm aware of that would warrant this reversal.

Do I gain the blood from Madrigal if the referendum is Delayed?
No.

Also quite puzzled on this one? Why is this? Madrigal doesn't specify a timing window for the blood gain and thus it should be immediate.

Compare to Carlak, where the timing of the blood gain is specified: "When results are tallied during any referendum, Carlak gains 1 blood for each Methuselah casting no votes in favor and at least 1 vote against the referendum."

If your ruling stands, this is an errata to Madrigal.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 12:58 by Izaak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 14:05 #39934 by drnlmza

Do I gain the blood from Madrigal if the referendum is Delayed?
No.

Also quite puzzled on this one? Why is this? Madrigal doesn't specify a timing window for the blood gain and thus it should be immediate.

Compare to Carlak, where the timing of the blood gain is specified: "When results are tallied during any referendum, Carlak gains 1 blood for each Methuselah casting no votes in favor and at least 1 vote against the referendum."

If your ruling stands, this is an errata to Madrigal.

My copies of Madrigil (from LoB) specify "Blood is gained or lost when the results are tallied." at the end of the card text, as does the latest cardlist.txt file. I don't own any BL copies, but this card image has that text as well.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Izaak

More
29 Oct 2012 15:33 #39947 by derjudge

Can I play Touch of clarity as a reaction card to cancel Deflection?

The actual question was : "Can I play Touch of clarity to cancel a Deflection as a reaction with a vampire tapped and under the effect of superior eye of argus?"

More
29 Oct 2012 15:48 - 29 Oct 2012 15:51 #39950 by Izaak

My copies of Madrigil (from LoB) specify "Blood is gained or lost when the results are tallied." at the end of the card text, as does the latest cardlist.txt file. I don't own any BL copies, but this card image has that text as well.

Right. I'm an idiot that can't read card text. Obviously you don't get blood then :)

Which makes me wonder, aside from me being an idiot, how can five people at a table fail to read simple card text to the point where it takes a judge to resolve the matter?

I mean, not that I'm specifically puzzled about Madrigal, but just in general. With half of the questions the answer is right there on the card.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 15:51 by Izaak.

More
29 Oct 2012 16:00 #39951 by Ohlmann

Which makes me wonder, aside from me being an idiot, how can five people at a table fail to read simple card text to the point where it takes a judge to resolve the matter?

For me, one on five would be enough.

If someone does not agree on a card effect, for whatever reason, it's better to call a judge than trying to argue with the other player. He may even be right.

More
31 Oct 2012 21:47 #40179 by Pascal Bertrand

Does Fall of the Camarilla remain in play if there are only 2 other Gehenna in play?

No.

Really? Assuming it was played legally, I can't see any reason for Fall to leave play, and the only ruling I'm aware of on this from LSJ matches that interpretation.

Nice catch!
I'm typing thrse on my cellphone, and spent about an hour trying to get in properly written.
That one is a mistake / typo. Of course, Fall of the Camarilla remains in play. I'll update tyr post above.
Thanks

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds