file Interesting situation transpired need clarification

18 Apr 2013 04:10 #47113 by delangen
I was playing the Spiridonas turbo soul gem deck... he was pentex subverted and had the society of leopold on him, he was also equipped with the soul gem and had the fortitude master, making him 11cap....(also a side note I kept an extra spiirdonas in the uncontrolled region with 5 blood just in case)

My prey called a successfull banishment on him returning him to uncontrolled with 3 blood. So just to clarify the sequence of events: When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Furthermore next untap I can burn him with the society of leopold drawing a new Spiridonas free of the pentex and society allthough with no fortitude but he still have the soul gem, right?

Thank you kindly

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 04:57 - 18 Apr 2013 07:00 #47120 by Pascal Bertrand

I was playing the Spiridonas turbo soul gem deck... he was pentex subverted and had the society of leopold on him, he was also equipped with the soul gem and had the fortitude master, making him 11cap....(also a side note I kept an extra spiirdonas in the uncontrolled region with 5 blood just in case)

My prey called a successfull banishment on him returning him to uncontrolled with 3 blood. So just to clarify the sequence of events: When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Yes.

EDIT Maybe I didn't get that "new" word.
If you bring out a copy with no Pentex on him, then no Pentex is moved.
If you bring out a copy with a Pentex, a Society of Leopold, a Soul Gem, etc. on him, these cards are moved (merely faced up, but they just stay on him).

EDIT: Also, remember, Banishment can only be called on a younger vampire. Spiridonas with a Fortitude discipline being an 11-cap, it would require a 12+ cap calling the Banishment to be able to choose Spiridonas as the target (since Final Nights).

Name: Banishment
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose a younger ready vampire. Successful referendum means that the chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). The vampire is uncontrolled. Any cards and counters on that vampire stay with him or her (but they are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Furthermore next untap I can burn him with the society of leopold drawing a new Spiridonas free of the pentex and society allthough with no fortitude but he still have the soul gem, right?

Thank you kindly

Name: Society of Leopold
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
Put this card on a vampire. During his or her controller's untap phase, the vampire with this card either burns 1 blood or is burned (the controller's choice). The vampire with this card can move it to any other vampire as a +1 stealth (D) action.

Sure, you can choose to let Spiridonas + Fortitude + Soul Gem (+Pentex, +whatever he might also have) burn to the Society of Leopold during your untap phase.

If the next crypt card is a Spiridonas, then he is moved to the ready region, with blood from the blood bank to match his capacity, and he gets the Soul Gem of Etrius.

Name: Soul Gem of Etrius
Cardtype: Equipment
Unique equipment.
If this vampire is burned, draw the top card from your crypt. If it is younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her to your ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her capacity; otherwise, move that card to your uncontrolled region (and burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is diablerized, the diablerizing vampire cannot take the Soul Gem.

Last edit: 18 Apr 2013 07:00 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
18 Apr 2013 05:56 #47126 by SLave

When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Yes.

And how about Mind Rape, for another note? Does it transfer as well?

More
18 Apr 2013 06:13 #47127 by Kraus
Cool, I didn't know that.

So, if there's Anson with Fame in play, and his controller wanted to get a new one without Fame, he couldn't do that through Banishment.

Scenario:
Anson in play with Fame.
There is another Anson in the uncontroller region.
Alexandra Banishments Anson. He goes to uncontrolled region with Fame out of play.
The Anson without out of play Fame is influenced into play.
Fame goes to the new Anson?

So Anson's going to be famous anyways. I just want to double check, 'cause personally I had to read the initial question a couple of times before I was sure I got the scenario right.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
18 Apr 2013 06:48 - 18 Apr 2013 07:03 #47128 by Pascal Bertrand

When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Yes.

And how about Mind Rape, for another note? Does it transfer as well?

EDIT: "Transfer" meaning "remain on the attached card and move from the uncontrolled to the ready region.

Sure: "Any cards and counters on that vampire stay with him or her (but they are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled)." (quoted from Banishment's text).

Maybe it should be made clearer in the rules that, when a minion is influenced out (vampire or imbued), any cards / counters on him or her in the uncontrolled region are also moved (and put face up, in case of cards). That text on Banishment seemed clear enough to me, but if it isn't, the Rules will have to be adapted.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2013 07:03 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
18 Apr 2013 06:49 #47129 by Amenophobis

Thank you kindly

All cards stay on the exact copy of the minion that is banhished. So you would have 1 copy of Spiridonnas with 3 blood and Pentex et.al., and you would have 1 copy of Spiridonnas with 5 blood and no other cards as well.

If you influence the version where 5 blood are already on it, no cards are moved, Spiridonnas will enter play with no cards on him.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds