file Interesting situation transpired need clarification

24 Apr 2013 11:50 #47547 by Ankha

Sure, you can choose to let Spiridonas + Fortitude + Soul Gem (+Pentex, +whatever he might also have) burn to the Society of Leopold during your untap phase.

if the vampire with society of leopold is banished, then (banishment cardtext) is uncontrolled, so he doesn't have to burn blood am i right? Or i getting it wrong? (SoL: during his controller's untap phase)

I don't get the "banishment cardtext", but anyway: SoL has no effect on the vampire while the vampire is "banished" (uncontrolled), because SoL is out of play.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2013 14:01 - 24 Apr 2013 14:01 #47556 by jamesatzephyr

if the vampire with society of leopold is banished, then (banishment cardtext) is uncontrolled, so he doesn't have to burn blood am i right? Or i getting it wrong? (SoL: during his controller's untap phase)

I don't get the "banishment cardtext", but anyway: SoL has no effect on the vampire while the vampire is "banished" (uncontrolled), because SoL is out of play.

I'm fairly certain Arius is saying 'If the vampire is banished then, because Banishment says: "Any cards and counters on that vampire stay with him or her (but they are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).", the SoL is out of play, right, so we ignore SoL's card text for the timebeing?'

(To which the answer is obviously: yes.)
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 14:01 by jamesatzephyr.

More
25 Apr 2013 05:47 #47652 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from jamesatzephyr and Ankha.

Cards out of play (such as cards in your library, cards in your hand, contested cards, cards in your uncontrolled area, or in your ash heap - or removed from the game) have no effect.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds