file Interesting situation transpired need clarification

19 Apr 2013 02:50 #47213 by ReverendRevolver

It would kind of make sense that even any Methuselah who invests in the control of any Spiridonas would then have to deal with the boon or bane of any cards on him, since the banishment says that:

•A Banished vampire will remember all effects that had been applied to him, just as contested vampires do. This includes gained or lost titles, etc. [RTR 20000501]
•Note that "for the rest of the game" effects pointing at the Banished vampire (from some other source) will resume if/when the vampire comes back into play (e.g., Contract naming that Assamite). [TOM 19960210]

I thought this was the spirit of contention and uniqueness,

Another example lets say vampire1 has the society of leopold after him and is equipped with, let's say an ivory bow. Another methusleah invest in the control of a copy vampire1 in his/her uncontroled ragion and brings them out contesting them. I know that the rules say otherwise but it would make sense that if the second methuselah were to win control of vampire1 the bow and the society would still belong to vamp1, since they represent the same vampire in the world...his bow shouldn't just magically burn and the society shouldn't stop chasing him just because he took a little (contested) vacation.

When he takes the job up with his new boss(the other methuselah) he forgets to clean out his desk and leaves the bow in it. The society of leopold are a bunch of hippies, and just find someone else to inconvenience. Like Christoff, since he killed thier founder....

But i get vaguely what you are saying. From a card game standpint, its excessive and not as logical as " tariq eatsyou, then notices he may as well take your damn motorcycle and your flamethrower, and your heart of cheating, and your..... you get the idea."

When the mnion chamges owners, not through contestarion, he keeps his stufc since its the same carx. Contestation resets stuff, so from a vtez rules standpoint, the minion getting yeilded losing its sruff is practical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 06:15 #47234 by KevinM

I can't think (right now) of any effect other than contest that would affect cards simply due to their name. And cards that "name" cards (Grame, The Name Forgotten, Sudario Refraction, Betrayer, Precision, Sibyl's Tongue, Victim of Habit)

Spell Of Life?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
19 Apr 2013 07:00 #47238 by Pascal Bertrand

I can't think (right now) of any effect other than contest that would affect cards simply due to their name. And cards that "name" cards (Grame, The Name Forgotten, Sudario Refraction, Betrayer, Precision, Sibyl's Tongue, Victim of Habit)

Spell Of Life?

Follows "contest" rules.

More
19 Apr 2013 08:39 #47242 by Boris The Blade

All the paired vampires such as Greensleeves/Humo.

More
19 Apr 2013 09:24 - 19 Apr 2013 09:26 #47244 by Pascal Bertrand

All the paired vampires such as Greensleeves/Humo.

Correct :)
Here's a brilliant deck idea: games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vtes-rules/message/253
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 09:26 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
24 Apr 2013 10:06 #47537 by AriusZet

Sure, you can choose to let Spiridonas + Fortitude + Soul Gem (+Pentex, +whatever he might also have) burn to the Society of Leopold during your untap phase.

if the vampire with society of leopold is banished, then (banishment cardtext) is uncontrolled, so he doesn't have to burn blood am i right? Or i getting it wrong? (SoL: during his controller's untap phase)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds