file Interesting situation transpired need clarification

18 Apr 2013 06:49 #47130 by Pascal Bertrand

Cool, I didn't know that.

So, if there's Anson with Fame in play, and his controller wanted to get a new one without Fame, he couldn't do that through Banishment.

Scenario:
Anson in play with Fame.
There is another Anson in the uncontroller region.
Alexandra Banishments Anson. He goes to uncontrolled region with Fame out of play.
The Anson without out of play Fame is influenced into play.
Fame goes to the new Anson?

No. it doesn't matter if the vampire is another copy of the one with Fame. What matters is if it is the vampire with Fame.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 06:51 #47131 by Amenophobis

I was playing the Spiridonas turbo soul gem deck... he was pentex subverted and had the society of leopold on him, he was also equipped with the soul gem and had the fortitude master, making him 11cap....(also a side note I kept an extra spiirdonas in the uncontrolled region with 5 blood just in case)

My prey called a successfull banishment on him returning him to uncontrolled with 3 blood. So just to clarify the sequence of events: When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Yes.

I think this is not exactly true, given the scenario. When he brings the "new" copy, with 5 blood and no other cards on it in play, no cards are moved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
18 Apr 2013 06:55 #47132 by SLave
That's the interesting part of the situation presented.
They stay on the minion, by the Banishment text.
Yet, the original post implied existance of two Spiridonases. And the one influenced was not the one banished. Nonetheless, both master cards and a minion card migrated to the newly influenced vampire.
The question is if they check for a particular copy of a minion, or just the minion itself (by its name).

More
18 Apr 2013 06:58 - 18 Apr 2013 07:00 #47133 by Pascal Bertrand

I was playing the Spiridonas turbo soul gem deck... he was pentex subverted and had the society of leopold on him, he was also equipped with the soul gem and had the fortitude master, making him 11cap....(also a side note I kept an extra spiirdonas in the uncontrolled region with 5 blood just in case)

My prey called a successfull banishment on him returning him to uncontrolled with 3 blood. So just to clarify the sequence of events: When I invest in the new Spiridonas the Pentex, Society, fortitiude and soul gem all transfer to him...correct?

Yes.

I think this is not exactly true, given the scenario. When he brings the "new" copy, with 5 blood and no other cards on it in play, no cards are moved.

Ah, right. I got confused with the "new" word.

If Spiridonas the Banished (the one on whom Pentex Subversion, Society of Leopold, etc. were played), is influenced out, these cards that were on him are actually still on him.

If Spiridonas "from crypt" (not the Banished one) is influenced out, no cards move to him. He's just a vampire who got influenced out.

Thanks Amenophobis - I edited the post above to make it clearer
Last edit: 18 Apr 2013 07:00 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
18 Apr 2013 07:05 - 18 Apr 2013 07:13 #47134 by Pascal Bertrand

That's the interesting part of the situation presented.
They stay on the minion, by the Banishment text.
Yet, the original post implied existance of two Spiridonases. And the one influenced was not the one banished. Nonetheless, both master cards and a minion card migrated to the newly influenced vampire.

They don't.

I got confused by the usage of "new".

Spiridonas1 has a Pentex Subversion, a Soul Gem of Etrius, a Fortitude discipline card, and a Society of Leopold. Spiridonas1 gets Banished.

- Spiridonas2 gets influenced out. Nothing moves.
- Spiridonas1 gets influenced out. Cards that were face down (out of play) on him in the uncontrolled are move to the ready region (face up).

The question is if they check for a particular copy of a minion, or just the minion itself (by its name).

I can't think (right now) of any effect other than contest that would affect cards simply due to their name. And cards that "name" cards (Grame, The Name Forgotten, Sudario Refraction, Betrayer, Precision, Sibyl's Tongue, Victim of Habit)
Last edit: 18 Apr 2013 07:13 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLave

More
18 Apr 2013 15:10 #47165 by delangen
It would kind of make sense that even any Methuselah who invests in the control of any Spiridonas would then have to deal with the boon or bane of any cards on him, since the banishment says that:

•A Banished vampire will remember all effects that had been applied to him, just as contested vampires do. This includes gained or lost titles, etc. [RTR 20000501]
•Note that "for the rest of the game" effects pointing at the Banished vampire (from some other source) will resume if/when the vampire comes back into play (e.g., Contract naming that Assamite). [TOM 19960210]

I thought this was the spirit of contention and uniqueness,

Another example lets say vampire1 has the society of leopold after him and is equipped with, let's say an ivory bow. Another methusleah invest in the control of a copy vampire1 in his/her uncontroled ragion and brings them out contesting them. I know that the rules say otherwise but it would make sense that if the second methuselah were to win control of vampire1 the bow and the society would still belong to vamp1, since they represent the same vampire in the world...his bow shouldn't just magically burn and the society shouldn't stop chasing him just because he took a little (contested) vacation.

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds