file Re: Unleash vs signet

01 May 2019 09:41 #94747 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Re: Unleash vs signet
I think the question is more broadly about cards that are 1 thing but become something else in a limited capacity and sequencing. When do they begin being the new thing? When do they stop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2019 09:51 - 01 May 2019 09:56 #94748 by Mewcat

Looking at the rulebook doesn't really provide much clarity on block attempts. Just says that people can declare block attempts, not any detailed sequence. Maybe more iin detailed pllay summery

Unfortunately, the information you are looking for is not located in either place. It is, however, in a very old thread: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/10649-impulse-the-as-played-window-and-you?start=0

I have stated this before, but that post outlining sequencing needs to be incorporated in the rulebook.

I read a little bit and am already confused. You can play seduction with an action before someone can di? Or was that part wrong?

Edit. So that part is wrong as I learned when reading more of the nested links. I am troubled that lsj and Pascal are not using the same terminology to presumably mean the same thing.
Last edit: 01 May 2019 09:56 by Mewcat.

More
01 May 2019 10:27 #94749 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic Re: Unleash vs signet
In practice there’s always a window to DI or Sudden/Wash after every single card is played - anytime a player does something, everyone else gets a chance to respond is a myriad of ways.
When I play, especially with new players, I take care to always clearly announce what I’m doing and leave pause for players to process and react to it.

More
01 May 2019 12:20 #94750 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Re: Unleash vs signet

Looking at the rulebook doesn't really provide much clarity on block attempts. Just says that people can declare block attempts, not any detailed sequence. Maybe more iin detailed pllay summery

Unfortunately, the information you are looking for is not located in either place. It is, however, in a very old thread: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/10649-impulse-the-as-played-window-and-you?start=0

I have stated this before, but that post outlining sequencing needs to be incorporated in the rulebook.

I read a little bit and am already confused. You can play seduction with an action before someone can di? Or was that part wrong?

Edit. So that part is wrong as I learned when reading more of the nested links. I am troubled that lsj and Pascal are not using the same terminology to presumably mean the same thing.

Sorry, read the fifth post on the first page of the thread. That gets into resolving block attempts.

More
01 May 2019 16:11 #94754 by Mewcat

I think the question is more broadly about cards that are 1 thing but become something else in a limited capacity and sequencing. When do they begin being the new thing? When do they stop?

Assumptions:
seduction can not be played on unleash hells fury
unleash hells fury cannot be chosen in terms on referendum

confirmed:
signet prevents unleash hells fury from blocking

This places some limits on the duration on hells fury being a vampire.

using pascals description from the old thread referenced by 2rain we can see that fury 'activates' at step 2.999999 (just before 3) and 'deactivates' at 10.999999 (just before 11 or resolution)

More
02 May 2019 09:33 - 02 May 2019 09:39 #94763 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Re: Unleash vs signet

The key here is that unleash attempts to block AS a 9-cap vampire. There is not a moment where its not a vampire, attempts to block and turns into a vampire... At least in my opinion.

Assumptions:
seduction can not be played on unleash hells fury
unleash hells fury cannot be chosen in terms on referendum

Seduction cannot be played on unleash, because seduction is played AS THE ACTION IS ANNOUNCED. I can never remember was a bleed action card even replaced when seduction must be played, but at any rate at the same time you announce the bleed action. Nobody has a chance to declare blockers at that point, therefore unleash is not a vampire. Seduction can be DI'd (etc. canceled) because DI MUST be played at that same window.

Unleash is only considered a vampire when it attempts to block.

The sequence of windows when different cards can be played is actually quite long and something I have complained about..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 02 May 2019 09:39 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds