file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

18 Jul 2016 11:11 #77398 by Lönkka

If the concern is that having inconsistent card dimensions for backing cards will lead to cheating, then make the rule that all backing cards need consistent dimensions..

Should we actually start worrying about the "problem" of being "forced" to use VTES cards only as backing WHEN THE FIRST PLAYER WHO DOESN'T HAVE VTES CARDS TO USE AS BACKING APPEARS IN THE TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT AND ALSO NO ONE PRESENT IS ABLE TO LOAN/GIVE HIM/HER ENOUGH CARDS TO BE USED AS BACKING?

Sorry for the caps!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Jul 2016 00:13 #77406 by TwoRazorReign

If the concern is that having inconsistent card dimensions for backing cards will lead to cheating, then make the rule that all backing cards need consistent dimensions..

Should we actually start worrying about the "problem" of being "forced" to use VTES cards only as backing WHEN THE FIRST PLAYER WHO DOESN'T HAVE VTES CARDS TO USE AS BACKING APPEARS IN THE TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT AND ALSO NO ONE PRESENT IS ABLE TO LOAN/GIVE HIM/HER ENOUGH CARDS TO BE USED AS BACKING?

Sorry for the caps!

Well, no, because that player would simply not show up to the tournament. How would that player know there are people there just giving out cards? They'll read the rule that they have to have VTES cards and think, "Hey, I don't have any cards. No tournament for me." They're not going to ask if there are people giving away cards at the tournament.

You seem to be defending the rule on the basis of it being not a major restriction to tournament entry. Okay, your point in all caps is taken. Can you answer why the rule exists in the first place? I still haven't gotten an answer from anybody in this thread other than because the rule already exists for VEKN expansions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
19 Jul 2016 08:08 #77407 by Vlad
As long as all the cards are from the same game there can't be any form of cheating.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
19 Jul 2016 09:51 #77409 by jamesatzephyr

Should we actually start worrying about the "problem" of being "forced" to use VTES cards only as backing when the first player who doesn't have VTES cards to use as backing appears in the tournament circuit and also no one present is able to loan/give him/her enough cards to be used as backing?

My bigger concern, personally, would be the player who starts playing in, say, a country that has two or three tournaments a year. They put together a deck they really enjoy with Stanislava, Ingrid Rossler, four copies of Enkil Cog (photocopied from the one in their play group), multiple copies of Freak Drive (photocopied from the three copies in their play group), multiple copies of Mind Rape (photocopied from the two copies in their play group) etc. and have a blast in some games, and reaches a final table in a tournament.

Then the nationals for their country come around. Various players come out of the woodwork and make a special effort to attend because it's the big tournament of the year. Then the new player is told that if they want to turn up and play their favourite (maybe only!) deck, they'll need to blow $100 on singles from Ebay.

More
19 Jul 2016 10:01 - 19 Jul 2016 10:05 #77410 by Lönkka
James, is this happening somewhere or, like with TwoRazorReign, pure speculation?

EDIT: Most every year I've told other Finns that if there are cards that someone needs for making the best possible deck (or whatever) at EC, they should just send me a list.

Very seldom there has been anyone asking for any cards and usually it has been just 2-4 cards all in all.

At least in my experience, there has been very small need.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 19 Jul 2016 10:05 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Jul 2016 12:44 #77411 by Vlad
Small need only because we are less and less players...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds