file Govern(superior) and other Ventrue questions.

16 Sep 2017 17:06 #83567 by TwoRazorReign

to recap: I think that not being able to check the younger vampire restriction on a superior govern is a weird flaw in the game.

this isn't really a rules discussion at this point, but a discussion on the philosophy of game design.

What you're asking here is
'Where does the responsibility of fair play lie? On the game designers or the players?'

I'm not really asking that question. I'm saying the game has a weird flaw in that one of the most popular cards played enables cheating. This might beg the question you pose above, but I'm beyond asking that question and am in all in on thinking this is a flaw with the game that should be fixed.

The answer is always going to be "both," but each one of us is going to draw that line in a different place to divide that responsibility. I've had this discussions many, many, many times in regard to Warhammer 40k base rules and codex design. Almost exclusively in those discussions I've placed greater responsibility on the game designers to ensure fairer play through design of the game. There is an ocean of difference between Warhammer 40k and V:TES, though.

I'm not sure what your point is here. That you agree with me if VTES was a different game, but you don't agree because it's VTES?

I will agree with you that it seems an unusual design choice that Govern works the way it does. However, when the question is "But what if they cheat at the game using that?" Don't we as players have a responsibility to follow the rules of the game as best we can? and to, you know, NOT CHEAT?

Of course. But the problem with Govern still exists, and someone may exploit it. Isn't it better to fix it?

I don't mean this as an attack in any way, dude.

Oh, trust me, I think you are discussing things in a very responsible, mature manner here, unlike some other posters. I did not take this as an attack at all.

If you want to watch some profoundly egregious cheating at a game look up "Warhammer 40k Cheat to Win" on youtube. Bottom line is that Cheaters Gonna Cheat, and it's falls to players unwilling to put up with people who cheat in their group.

Yeah. But wouldn't it be a better if you could check that the target for Govern was actually younger? I think so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2017 17:07 - 16 Sep 2017 17:09 #83568 by TwoRazorReign

Lonnka, if that had rhymed, I may have laughed long enough to loose conciusness.

Loose conciusness? What the heck is that?:P
Last edit: 16 Sep 2017 17:09 by TwoRazorReign.

More
16 Sep 2017 21:52 #83570 by ReverendRevolver

Lonnka, if that had rhymed, I may have laughed long enough to loose conciusness.

Loose conciusness? What the heck is that?:P

It appears to be proof my wife is adding not real words to my autocorrect dictionary.....

More
16 Sep 2017 23:07 #83571 by Boris The Blade
Double whammy: laying the blame on both the wife and the computer in a single post :evil:

More
17 Sep 2017 11:02 #83574 by ReverendRevolver

Double whammy: laying the blame on both the wife and the computer in a single post :evil:

Composit scapegoat beats " I should proof read before posting" every time....

B)

More
07 Oct 2017 02:22 #83741 by Blooded Sand
Worrying about cheating is usually the result of thinking about cheating. Most (if not all) VtES players could not be bothered to cheat as it would not give accurate data on their deck and play style. Tracking which card is Governed to is quite simple, and is just a matter of whether you intrinsically think people are dicks, or they are being actively suspiciously acting, and you need to know now, versus just playing on and keeping stuff in mind.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds