file Govern(superior) and other Ventrue questions.

10 Oct 2017 19:50 - 10 Oct 2017 19:52 #83809 by TwoRazorReign

I was playing a one-player game two handed and Governed to an illegal target. So I technically cheated, but I was only cheating myself. Haha!

SO you claim. Yet here:

I've done it. More than once. And nobody suspected a thing any of the times. I won many of those games too. Mind you, this was 20 or so years ago, and I wouldn't cheat like that nowadays. So, to me, it's a problem with the game that I was allowed to exploit it.

So you are now a proven cheater, with a record of lying about it, and then trying to hide your lying. Then when caught out you try to say it was only once after stating it happened multiple times.

The problem here is NOT the game or it's rules, it is YOU. You feel guilty for being a cheating cheaty McCheater, and now think everyone else acts that way too. Stop being a lying, cheating asshat and there won't be a problem. Old quote: "If you want to change the world, start with yourself."

Not really. I've only ever played VTES either as one or two player games since 1994 because I don't like multiplayer. The cheating I was referring to only happened in 1 player games. This is why nobody suspected a thing, because nobody else was there (ha!). Back then, I was playtesting a two-player variant where players would ante money instead of cards, and I decided it didn't work because of things like not being able to check the target for superior Govern. It would be way to easy for people to cheat with money on the line.

So like, you keep using the insult "asshat." I have not heard that used as an insult for at least 15 years. Did you have to dust that one off from 2003? Are you going to tell me to go suck an egg next, grandpa?

Your replies are amusing. Keep them coming!
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 19:52 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2017 21:18 #83813 by Kraus

]

Not really. I've only ever played VTES either as one or two player games since 1994 because I don't like multiplayer. The cheating I was referring to only happened in 1 player games.

I tried to stay out of this thread, but~

Wha-- what; why!?

I just don't even.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
10 Oct 2017 21:54 #83814 by TwoRazorReign
Haha, believe it or not, I really do prefer 2-player games over multiplayer games. And I do a lot of play testing playing two handed by myself. Two player can actually be really fun, as long as the decks are built to optimally interact.

But yeah, like I said, I was testing out a two-player variant that involved gambling, and not being able to check the target for superior Govern seemed like it would be a problem in such a variant. I would know because I've cheated myself when play testing it. Haha!

More
10 Oct 2017 23:04 #83815 by Blooded Sand

I tried to stay out of this thread, but~

Wha-- what; why!?

I just don't even.

Exactly, right? Storm in a teacup for no good reason. Gambling is outlawed by the rules, and the "cheating" discussed only happened in a playtest 1 player environment.....

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
10 Oct 2017 23:16 - 10 Oct 2017 23:17 #83816 by self biased
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 23:17 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kushiel

More
10 Oct 2017 23:43 #83817 by TwoRazorReign
So, there's no "storm in a teacup." There's no outrage. It's just very strange to me that the target for Govern can't be checked. I'm curious how that works. I'm not a die hard fan of VTES, so it's easy for me to be put off by something like that. It's just my opinion.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds