file Vampire trade value?

07 May 2012 13:13 #29600 by brandonsantacruz
What would you rate those tiers in dollars, generally speaking? Obviously there will be outliers like your stupid crazy high vampires or Enkil Cogs.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2012 14:36 #29608 by ReverendRevolver
High epensive >$15: sutek, augustus, ur-shugli
Med expensive around $10 to $15, which is still too much to justify spending normally: Isabel, Matthias, base nergal, base beckett, le dinh tho, tupdog, base goratrix, convert, huitzilpochtli
Expensive just shy of $10, only worth buying if you have plenty of extra money and really want the vamp: lord ashton, blanche hill, dan Murdock, synesios, kanimana, dragos, abbt kindred
Expensive promos, $4-$10, but were promo so should be easier to trade for: genina, lucita, Pelletier, adv menele, adv Helena, anjelo, adv karsh, rev adams, adv lambach, adv yazid, hesha, mariana gilbert,
Pricey but kinda buyable, over $5: saulot, stanislava,arika,alaxandra(cam reprints), the unnamed, nu the pillar, Francisco, ariadne, corine.
Top of normally traded vamps, more than $3 but no more than $5: muaziz, forestall, Maryanne blair, jimmy dunn, krassimir, most original printings of inner circle members, nakhthorheb, ce printings of nikolaus vermillion marcellous Volker or anatole, nana, una, nadima, owain, Miriam, Cybele, carna, cock robin, 3rd edition sketch editions, beetleman

Since vamp prices fluctuate normally, I always look at which set things are out of, and if they where reprinted. Theres also the khalil ravana rarity, where a vamp is nearly impossible to find on ebay and printed once in an old set’s precon. I don’t value BSC vamps as high as AE vamps of similar utility, because AE vamps normally weren’t reprinted (and I think BSC would have been even better if it included the g3 gangrel from AE, since gangrel are still one of the original cam clans…) and are thus a lot harder to find or trade for (Danielle diron is harder to find and trade for than pug Jackson, lord ashton is harder to get than Edward vignes). Bloodlines vamps all fall into the hard to get and not hard to get categories. True bru, salubri, and nagaraja are hard to get, other clans not as hard. Sabbat and sabbat war are different for new players than vets, since many vets swin in cards from those sets while most noobs don’t own many if any. The same is true of ds, ah, and fn. Vamps from heirs will probably go up eventually, and vamps from KoT are getting harder to trade for, since the sets aren’t easy to find in sealed product.
Good vamps from big sets are worth more than good vamps from small sets, since there are more copies of each vamp per box ina small set (I pulled 5 eleimelech from 1 box of SoC but only 1 saulot from one box of LoB, and have seen only 2-3 Saulots from any given box of LoB).
I feel we will be using sealed black hand product for limited events for quite awhile, since so much was printed. So Ignazio, henry taylor, owain, Blackhorse, etc aren’t worth as much trade to me (I have a decent amount of each) as vamps from sets that are just as good but from less available sets.
And finally, if a precon was/is easy to get ahold of, the vamps are easier to find and trade for. Mata hari would be hard to find if she wasn’t in a precon, and Hardestadt and lutz would be more expensive as well. I have a ton of hardestadt from buying ventrue precons for other cards, so I’m never going to value him as high as Fakir, even though fakir isn’t as usefult (no dom, no votes, 1 less strength, no potence, special costs 3 blood, bad for villain w/lilliths blessing poolgain tricks, and he has to use enchant and gather instead of enchamt, scouting, govern to bloat or get out smaller vamps…) and they are both 11 caps from KoT.
Also breaking from the $$ amount system some, Matthias is way more useful than base beckett, so I would gladly trade $10 worth of stuff for beckett, but could easily trade a convert or tupdog for Matthias. Utility, original rarety, “collectors” demand, and number of times reprinted are all factors in trade value.
Wow that was a lot of typing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, porphyrion

More
07 May 2012 17:30 #29616 by Molloy
Replied by Molloy on topic Re: Vampire trade value?
decent support vampire with no distribution issues: $0.25 - $0.50
star-quality vampire or excellent support vampire with no distribution issues: $1.00 - $2.00
superstar vampire with no distribution issues: $3.00 - $4.00

distribution multipliers:
starter only: 1@ 3x; 2@ 2x
booster rare only: FN 4x; BL 2x
promo only: 3x

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
07 May 2012 17:41 #29617 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Vampire trade value?

I must admit it's the main thing that surprise me. Were there rarer than regular vampires ? Because it's not like they seem all that powerful, or played.

More
07 May 2012 18:11 #29619 by brandonsantacruz

decent support vampire with no distribution issues: $0.25 - $0.50
star-quality vampire or excellent support vampire with no distribution issues: $1.00 - $2.00
superstar vampire with no distribution issues: $3.00 - $4.00

distribution multipliers:
starter only: 1@ 3x; 2@ 2x
booster rare only: FN 4x; BL 2x
promo only: 3x

Very interesting. I can see how this would accurately cover vampires that fall into the $0.25 to $16 range, which is to say all of them. These are the prices people might expect to pay/trade for.

Add to that the possible Ebay factors:
-Buy it now inflation (see Sutekh )
-Minimum buy it now price
-Phishing for idiots (See Ezmerelda )
-Bidding wars

And you seem to have what I consider a good estimation of price.

Anyone have another idea? After all, if who I'm trying to trade with doesn't agree to a price I would pay, it doesn't really matter what I think.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
07 May 2012 18:12 #29620 by TorranceCircle

I must admit it's the main thing that surprise me. Were there rarer than regular vampires ? Because it's not like they seem all that powerful, or played.

Molloy:

booster rare only: FN 4x; BL 2x.

I have always wondered the same thing. Sutekh is good, but he is not super powerful. esmerelda is quite good though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds