file New/old player, some questions.

22 Oct 2011 17:58 #12621 by Millstone
Allright, more questions:

IIRC prisci represent a block of 3 votes, right? So if I have 1 priscus, and no one else on the table has one, does that mean that vamp is good for 3 votes?

Other question: I go into a fight with another vamp. range is chosen by me (I attack), range is close combat. I hit, get hit back, and play a card that gives me more strikes in this round (maybe shoud have played that earlier, but ah well).
Am I the only one that can use more strikes now, and pummel my opponent? or can that vamp also play: strike: combat ends, during this 'follow up-fase'?

Thanks in advance! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2011 06:08 #12637 by Haze

Allright, more questions:

IIRC prisci represent a block of 3 votes, right? So if I have 1 priscus, and no one else on the table has one, does that mean that vamp is good for 3 votes?

yep!

Other question: I go into a fight with another vamp. range is chosen by me (I attack), range is close combat. I hit, get hit back, and play a card that gives me more strikes in this round (maybe shoud have played that earlier, but ah well).
Am I the only one that can use more strikes now, and pummel my opponent? or can that vamp also play: strike: combat ends, during this 'follow up-fase'?

the opposing vampire will also need to gain additional strikes, or else they must stand still and take your hits. no S:CE for them.

see this example from the rulebook for help on the order you resolve this type of combat:

Kurt is blocked by Ira, and they enter combat. Neither of them maneuvers, so the round is at close range. Kurt announces he is using an Undead Strength card, which allows him to inflict 3 damage, as his strike. Ira uses a Dodge card as his strike, so no damage is dealt by either vampire.

Next, Kurt plays a Blur card, giving him one extra strike. Ira plays a Blur also, giving him two extra strikes since he has superior Celerity. These additional strikes are resolved at the same range, which is close in this case.

Kurt uses his hands for the second strike. Ira uses his hands also. Both suffer 1 damage. Ira then uses his hands one more time, and Kurt can't use a strike because he had only one additional strike. Kurt suffers one more damage.

More
23 Oct 2011 18:25 #12677 by Millstone
Thanks, and reading that rulebook over here is far easier on the eyes then the one you get in the cardboxes... :)

Another few:

You have 'pool' and 'blood' whre the latter is on the vamp.
In the early days, you knew what what was because you had a filled drop of blood, or an 'empty' one. It always had a number in it.
NBow, I see a skull-thingie and a drop of blood. What is what?

Some people here talk about "tier 1" and tier 2". I know what that means in Bloodbowl (a fantasy football game), tier 1 are the strongest teams, 2 is a tad weaker, and so on.
Is there a kind of list to see/know what kind of decks (clans?) are wich tier? It's all subject of testing and stuff, but I like to know.

Sometimes I see stuff like this in decklists:
1 Watenda obf 3, Malkavian:2

What's that 2 doing there, at the end of the line? I mean she has a capacity of 3, but I dont understand what that number means.
My older cards certainly dont have it on them...

Cheers,
M.

More
23 Oct 2011 19:00 #12683 by Klaital
The skull icon is pool, the blood drop is blood.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are somewhat arguable so there is no real list anywhere that I would know of, although I am sure lot of the people here can give you a list of deck types that are tier 1 in their opinion, which may wary from a list of someone else.

That last '2' is the group of the vampire, you can only use vampires of two consecutive groups in a deck. If the vampire card has no group number and no expansion symbol then its group 1, if it has no group number and has an expansion symbol then its group 2, group 3 and onwards all have group number listed on the card (as do any group 1-2 vampires printed in Camarilla Edition and onward).

More
23 Oct 2011 23:01 #12693 by Dorrinal
Check out the Tournament Winning Deck Archive to get a feel for the current metagame. There's maybe half a dozen deck types in the top tier right now, in my opinion.

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds