file On Liquidation 5. "problematic card"

21 Nov 2011 17:09 #15284 by Joscha
This is the fifth thread of the discussions about cards some people see as problematic.

As this is a collection of arguments for keeping the card as it is (PRO card) or changing it in whatever way (CONTRA card).

It would be most useful, if you could write above your entry, if your arguments are PRO or CONTRA the card as it is to attain best clarity of what speaks in favor of the card and what does not.

After 7 days of discussion I will initialize a poll about that specific card, in which the alternatives can be found.

Liquidation [Tenth:A/B]
Cardtype: Master
Master. Do not replace until your discard phase.
Burn seven cards from the top of your library to gain 3 pool.

UNSURE
I think the game mechanic of Liquidation is okay. You pay seven cards to get pool. Changes ar given that your most important card is among the seven. Problems really just evolve because the good synergy this card has with recursion tech.
I think the three pool are too high for the price. Think about Ascension, that gives you 1 pool for 1 master phase and master card. Liquidation could be one added pool (so two) for an added cost to play (burn cards). So three pool is one pool too good IMHO. But as I don't like changing cards very much I'd keep it, as it is not that big difference. Still there is the recursion-problem.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 17:47 #15305 by Pendargon
No problem with It. It is it's interaction with ashurs that is the problem

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
21 Nov 2011 18:17 #15318 by wastaz
If burning cards are supposed to be a cost for playing the card, why not remove the cards from the game instead? Instant solution to recursion problems and three pool seems alright. Sadly that means less cards for me to eat with my trochomancy deck... :)

More
21 Nov 2011 18:44 #15325 by acbishop
PRO

the cards is good like it is

:vtes:

More
21 Nov 2011 21:10 #15345 by Louhi
PRO

It's fine. For example dreams of the sphinx is vastly superior to this but no one is complaining.

Lidingö Scourge

More
21 Nov 2011 21:33 #15351 by Izaak
Liquidation is totally fine.

It's competitive in combination with Imbued (Convictions), Sudario and Ashur Tablets but other than that it really doesn't (and shouldn't) see play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds