file Favorite Crypts

03 Aug 2012 20:58 #34275 by Haze
Favorite Crypts was created by Haze
ask someone about "favorite vampire" or "favorite deck" and there's way too many options to really narrow it down. but usually there's some crypt setups that stick with you, and make you think about building one more exciting deck variation with those same vampires. there's some synergy at work which makes playing these crypts something more important than "top tier" -- it's just fun!

what cool crypts are you fond of, and why?

(solo "star vampire" crypts are all disqualified here, because they are the exact opposite of synergy)

here's some I rather like:

1. Toreador AAA -- the vampires with their abilities, disciplines, and titles are individually strong, but all together they're quite a combo. you can focus on any one of the three and still make a huge variety of decks. you never know exactly what to expect when you see them show up at a table.

2. Nosferatu royalty g1/2 -- Nossies always seemed like the jack-of-all-trades toolbox clan, but with this crypt having fortitude and titles (and sheldon's :AUS:), they can do everything AND be very strong at it too.

3. Al-Muntaquim the Avenger & Mukhtar Bey -- in Cairo by Night these two conspired together, and here they happen to have similar disciplines. I like to make the Prince handle politics and embracing, while the Trujah focuses on combat and bleeding. not the strongest combo around, but it's very cool to play for the story/theme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2012 23:40 - 03 Aug 2012 23:49 #34282 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Favorite Crypts
My favorite tag teams :
Fleur du mal & Quentin king III (add midget in the middle)
but in another style I really like Muricia & Effie. (with Darlene Killian chasing ghosts )
I also play more than I should Humo & Greensleeves together.

Wow, my Vtes life is so fascinating :D

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 23:49 by Reyda.

More
04 Aug 2012 04:33 #34284 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Favorite Crypts
Micheal Luther + Kateline Nadasdy = I like these two together because of the vote control, but she does not have a title. This means I can go anarch vote deck or camarilla vote deck. I can also just use them as defense against votes in a bleed deck. They also fit in an Auspex based deck since ML has a little aus along with kate's 3 superior in-clans. They are also low to mid-caps that fit well with older vampires like Madame Guil or Rafeal de Corazon.

More
04 Aug 2012 05:03 #34286 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Favorite Crypts
I like:

Bryan Van Duesan
Reverend Blackwood
Hannigan

Bryan governs Reverend governs Hannigan.

One of them gets Infernal Pact. Another gets the Hand of Conrad, and another the Eye of Hazimel. And they all play Rutor's Hand.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haze

More
04 Aug 2012 06:39 #34289 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Favorite Crypts
Well, I'm a huge fan of Serenna the White and all her G5 Malkavian friends. Don't know if that's accepted as a super star deck or no, but they have interesting synergy with Dementation and Auspex.

Right now I'm experimenting with G1-2 Ventrue with Celerity, so basically Democritus, Helena Casimir, Natasha Volfchek and Wilhelm Waldburg.

G2 Setites with :SER: are also a new favourite of mine. Defedra, Hesha Ruhadze, Intisar and Qufur am-Heru are very cool.

And, well, G2 Toreador and Al'Muntaquim the Avenger have a very special place in my heart. Alexandra and G2 Princes were my starter, and Avenger was the first vampire I got really interested on my own volition. Like, you know, "Oh my god, I'm SO going to make a deck out of him, no matter what!" Serenna was one of those vampires as well. So awesome and cool you couldn't help but start trading them.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
04 Aug 2012 06:41 #34290 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: Favorite Crypts
I've always been a big fan of the group 2 mid-cap !Malk crypt:

Dolphin Black, Korah, Kite & Artemis

It's trivially easy to build a solid S & B deck with them, you have enough titles that you can easily go a more vote-based route (helped by adding vampires like Marie Faucigny), and with Kite's intercept and the AUS around, you can build a decent wall if you're not expecting to see heavy combat, with disguised weapon to get out a few big guns.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds