lightbulb Defence against Slaughterhouse?

30 Aug 2012 06:46 #35615 by tarantulus
Hi guys,

looking for a little advice.

One of my opponents has started playing a slaughterhouse deck, basically based on having MMPAs (with parthenon) and a deck full of Slaughterhouses , and also using Zygodat , combined with Scrying of secrets to destroy my library...

I used all of my 4 sudden reversals last night just trying to stop him getting the slaughterhouses/parthenon, but by the time the game was in full swing I was burning 6 library every turn...

I conceded when I had 10 cards left in my library, the other two players had ~50, surely I shouldn't have to bloat my deck with sudden reversals to deal with this?

What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2012 07:01 #35617 by Ohlmann
This seem extremely slow and defenceless. Your grandpredator was not very efficient, wasn't he ?

More to the point, you can use location hate, but the best thing to do is ignore him and oust fast and hard. Maybe helping your grandpredator a bit.

More
30 Aug 2012 07:02 - 30 Aug 2012 07:04 #35618 by Pascal Bertrand
Did that player win the game? What was your pool / in-play cards situation when you gave up?

Usually, Slaughterhouses decks rely on Dia de Los Muertos + Brinksmanship + Daring the Dawn to win - they're not harming pool or blood.

What if his predator had Arika ?

As a general comment, if your predator is dangerous, weaken him. If he's too dangerous, then maybe ousting him is for the best.

Of course, there's the rather expensive option of playing with Ashur Tablets.

Option C is to play Shambling Hordes.

option D is to burn the locations (Arson, Conceal, Goblinism)
Last edit: 30 Aug 2012 07:04 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
30 Aug 2012 07:20 #35619 by Juggernaut1981
Rampage
Disputed Territory
Arson
Haunt
Conceal
Goblinism
Minion obliteration (he can't play Slaughterhouse if he doesn't have a Harbringer...)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
30 Aug 2012 07:25 #35620 by Klaital
Slaughterhouse decks generally don't win, they just make sure their prey doesn't win either. The player of said deck will likely figure that out soon himself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Boris The Blade, Lech

More
30 Aug 2012 07:59 #35623 by alek
ignore it. IMO it's one of the easiest predators to have. He' not harming your pool nor your minions and usually is not blocking your actions as well. All you have to do is to focus on ousting your prey. The case when you can have a problem is when you are playing slow ousting deck. To sum up:
1. oust fast
2. you can play a deck little bigger than usually
3. play suddens but only if it didn't hamper your deck. They're good against other decks as well and very good when playing offensively (canceling villeins)
4. Don't play cards which only focus is destroing locations. They are very weak and cornercase
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarantulus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds