file An utterly insane Setite reaction module

05 Sep 2012 07:29 - 05 Sep 2012 07:34 #35999 by Lemminkäinen

You'd be able to block it again - the card works for the whole duration of an action.

So, in six blocks you'd be able to steal an inner circle? Yeah, I'll probably try this the next time I'm going to build a Setite deck. Right now I'm experimenting with Temptations, Soulgems and Eternal Masks. Corrpution Counters might be an obvious next level.

Six blocks? Are you meaning the sequence would be Bupe plays Revelations of Despair, Peacemaker, On the Qui Vive, Revelations of Despair, Peacemaker?

You're going to have some trouble with that second Revelations of Despair.

Crap, naturally. Why on earth didn't I take that into account? An utter brain malfunction on my part. My apologies.

You could still make it sort of work, but would need lots of Setites to block the incoming (D) action each playing Revelations followed by Peacemaker.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 07:34 by Lemminkäinen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 07:49 #36000 by Ohlmann
Also, you could add Ecstasy, it work well with the bleed reduction from peacemaker to activate the superior level. Granted, it does not corrupt, but at least Temptation will work faster :)

More
05 Sep 2012 10:43 #36006 by Izaak
Clearly this package needs 6 Archon Investigations thrown in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune, KevinM, Tomas

More
05 Sep 2012 18:13 - 05 Sep 2012 18:14 #36013 by prunesquallor
It doesn't help with spamming corruption counters, but I have used Mental Maze to good effect in some (not very good) Settite or Baali blocking decks.

The difficulty with Revelations of Despair is that there's very little else available that can put corruption counters on your predator, so it's your only mechanism. There is Cagliostro, Weigh the Heart, and some anarch card or another which can put counters on players other than your prey, but those are all pretty hard to do.

I wish there were a card that would allow putting a corruption counter on a minion that already has one of your corruption counters. Perhaps
+1 stealth action
:ser: Put a corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey. Boilerplate corruption counter text goes here.
:SER: Put a corruption counter on a minion who already has one of your corruption counters.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 18:14 by prunesquallor.

More
05 Sep 2012 20:12 #36021 by Juggernaut1981
There you go... redonculousness at its best...

Include Cybele and Contagion! She can lay down those corruption counters as strikes!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Sep 2012 11:49 #36065 by wesile
Or even better... call the great beast with :TEM: :FOR: :OBF:

The great beast puts a Contagion in play, enters combat with any minion, strikes to put corruption counters and pockets out time to start a new combat...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds