file Shambling Hordes + Wooden Stake?

12 Sep 2012 02:27 #36529 by Juggernaut1981
AFAIK Strength-based strikes on weapons assume a value of 1 strength, but IANPB.

If you'd asked me in a tournament, I'd have said "Shamblers can Conceal pointy sticks... go stab someone with your Zombies."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 04:30 - 12 Sep 2012 04:31 #36532 by Ankha

As I understood the wording on concealed weapon "-The weapon cannot cost 3 or more pool or inflict (with a regular strike) aggravated damage or 4 or more damage." the key term being regular strike. As I understood this was to mean the weapon by itself cannot inflict 4 damage as a strike- no concealed assualt rifle- but maybe I should post this question in the rules section.

Regular strike means a strength of 1.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 04:31 by Ankha.

More
12 Sep 2012 04:43 #36533 by blackday
You can use concealed weapon with stakes regardless of what minion or his current strength score as Juggernaut pointed out.

More
05 Oct 2012 19:50 #38412 by Soonerborn
Is it bad form to comment on old topics? I'm bored today...

The sexy thing to do used to be Shambles + meat hook, +1 damage and potential presses. And then when the shambler got down to 1 life he plays Rave to give it (and the hook) to a Gio to produce the next shamlber.

But you still gotta get the hook back to another zombie.

I personally agree that you don't really need it in a shamblers deck. Those cards slots can be more zombies...

More
05 Oct 2012 21:13 #38420 by Haze
just play a Trap and the Shambling Hordes will probably end up punching the victim into torpor anyway...

but you know what's sexy? ninja zombies. Concealed Weapon + Dagger. 5 damage at close, 4R at long, take your pick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 Oct 2012 21:18 - 05 Oct 2012 21:19 #38421 by Boris The Blade
Giving equipments to zombies who are supposed to burn in combat feels like a waste of resources. Ninja war ghouls, on the other hand,... :whistle:
Last edit: 05 Oct 2012 21:19 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds