compress thin-blooded seer : good use found ?

27 Oct 2012 11:05 - 27 Oct 2012 11:08 #39812 by Reyda
Hi !
I was wondering if anyone found good use for Thin blooded seer ?

Thin-Blooded Seer, Action, 1 blood, Capacity less than 3, R
Requires a ready non-sterile vampire of capacity less than 3. Put this card into play; it becomes a 1 capacity vampire. This vampire is clanless and sterile. This vampire is not considered unique, must hunt this turn and is the same sect as the acting vampire. Cards that cost blood cost this vampire twice as much blood to play. During your untap phase, you may tap this vampire to look at the top two cards of any Methuselah`s library.

pros :
- they are little vamps that are created for almost free (1 blood instead of 2 for embraces).
- ability to look at the next two cards of any meth. (seems cornecase anyway, but helpful in case you play revelations to get rid of something you fear)
- perfect targets to play "Inceptor"

the downside are :
- zero stealth action. (so you better have some stealth as backup.
- they are clanless (but have a sect -might be nice for laibon or independant ?)
- they can't really efficiently play cards that cost blood.
only a weenie can take the action.
(- also perfect targets for a fame or neonate breach)

I have some thin blooded seers in my "I've got to find a way to use this" box, and I'm still wondering.

I was planning to use them in a stupid disciplineless concelead/dragonbreath rounds deck, so blocking = bum's rush, and no blocking = additional threat for later.

I also thought of an anarch deck with obfuscate for cloak, veil, and this noferatu that grants +1 bleed for 1 blood + club illusion for letting them bleed for 3 without cards (but at a big cost in blood).

Have anyone found something useful beside this ?

thanks for your answers :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 11:08 by Reyda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2012 11:54 #39817 by Pendargon
embrace can make it and it bleeds for 1, or chump-block.

If you are breeding, breed to the max :

thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k5vitoriaqual
thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k4nacc

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
27 Oct 2012 17:53 #39830 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Tupdogs can make them when they don't have anything tremendously useful to do and you're by potential invocation of the slave clause (e.g., having expended their text-based rush, played prevention and used As the Crow to untap, then watched your !Tremere act successfully)

It's turns a temporary resource into a permanent one, so it's better than just firing a bleed for 1. The Tupdogs generally don't care about the creation action being unstealthed either :evil:

More
27 Oct 2012 18:27 - 27 Oct 2012 18:35 #39832 by Killjoy71
Hi Reyda!

Something silly....

Inceptor :lol:

Inceptor

Unique master.
Put this card on a vampire of capacity 1, and put three cards from your hand, ash heap or library on this card, face up but out of play. This vampire may play other copies of these cards as if he or she had the Discipline required (if any) at superior

Silly me.. just reread your post... Now I notice that you mentionned Inceptor.....:ohmy:

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 18:35 by Killjoy71.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
27 Oct 2012 19:17 #39833 by Azel
Another disposable diablerie missile is usually not a bad thing.

Outside of that, it might be more set up than it's worth. I mean you can play Esbat or something, but you got a chump-blocking, cruise-missile, that can still bleed for 1 -- and during your untap you can tap to peek at a deck. I wouldn't go out of my way for a combo like Scrying the Secrets or anything; what's available is already pretty solid.

More
27 Oct 2012 19:18 #39834 by Ohlmann
The good question being, what to inceptor ?

You could possibly go changelin / Eye of Argus / Meld with the land. So, you can have a decent bleeder and blocker, and the cards themselves are pretty useable by a decent crypt. Of course, it does not resolve the problem that Inceptor is unique :p

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds