file Nana is so "Mundane"

30 Oct 2012 18:23 #40031 by Joscha
Nana is so "Mundane" was created by Joscha
After I bought a Mundane in front of the doors of the venue by a card dealer and added it an hour before the start of the EC-day2-Tournament I met a Nanadeck in all three rounds. And what happened? I played a Mundane on each of them, har har.
The ANI-Nanas really hated it and were impressed (although I still got ousted in the second round by the ANI-support, grr.)
The POT-Nana was quite annoyed but handled the card impressively well with many Tastes of Vitae to get the spent blood back.
Still I think it is a very good addition in tournament decks these days. Check it out (if you haven't already of course).

Mundane

Master.
Put this card on a Laibon with no Orun and no Mundane. Cards that require Disciplines cost this vampire 1 additional blood. Burn this card if this vampire gets an Orun. Alternatively, when a minion with no Orun plays an action card requiring a Discipline or Virtue, play this card to your ash heap as an out-of-turn master to cancel that card as it is played.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Dr.Mafrune, Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 18:29 #40032 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Nana is so "Mundane"
Absolutely right Josha !!

You have only to look on big tournie winners of last years and take notice of how much of a pain laibon decks really are.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
30 Oct 2012 18:56 #40035 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Nana is so "Mundane"

The ANI-Nanas really hated it and were impressed (although I still got ousted in the second round by the ANI-support, grr.)
The POT-Nana was quite annoyed but handled the card impressively well with many Tastes of Vitae to get the spent blood back.

That sums it up: Nana-decks work around it very easily and the decks that need to cancel Entrancements are better off with DI or DI2. I would love to play this but in the absence of a true laibon superstar deck it's not worth it.

More
30 Oct 2012 19:08 #40039 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Nana is so "Mundane"
Undele is the new Nana. I swear!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 Oct 2012 19:26 #40040 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Nana is so "Mundane"
I was playing the POT-Nana. You had also famed Nana the round before you slapped on Mundane.

I realized, just as I used Well-marked to prevent damage in combat with you, that my prey only had one blood and had I only spent all my blood playing crows/torn in that very combat and also abstained from using the well-marked, well then my prey wouldve died in his untap.

So Mundane wouldve helped me oust. ;)

Instead we timed out.

Lackeyname: Kris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
01 Nov 2012 20:33 #40241 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Nana is so "Mundane"
Jarkko around these neck of woods has been using Trainer superior against Animalism combat.

I hadn't ever given it much any thought but after seeing it played against Nana I had one of those duh-moments.

Use both Trainer and Mundane and it is lights out.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds