file Masters that should become trifles when PoD enters - your suggestions

03 May 2013 15:45 #48145 by ICL
Why 1 pool and not 1 blood?

What specific decks are going to justify additional pool costs for disciplines (which is already built into how vampires are made) just to gain the marginal benefit of trifleness? How many decks that want more disciplines can't justify additional pool costs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 15:53 #48147 by ReverendRevolver

Why 1 pool and not 1 blood?

What specific decks are going to justify additional pool costs for disciplines (which is already built into how vampires are made) just to gain the marginal benefit of trifleness? How many decks that want more disciplines can't justify additional pool costs?

It allows deck thinning, and the pool cost pays for that and the 1 "point" that vampires are typically alotted per thiercost/cap in design.
Again, not bi.ding, and blood may suffice, i waz just thinking itherwise....

More
03 May 2013 16:05 #48148 by Ashur

Master trifle
Costs 1 pool
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose a diaciine they dont have. Burn this card at the end of yiur master phase to search your library for a copy of that disciine card, and place it on this vampire.

Please stop this. It´s just powercreep, a concept the creator of this thread should try to grasp. It should be avoided at all cost.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 May 2013 16:12 #48150 by ReverendRevolver

Master trifle
Costs 1 pool
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose a diaciine they dont have. Burn this card at the end of yiur master phase to search your library for a copy of that disciine card, and place it on this vampire.

Please stop this. It´s just powercreep, a concept the creator of this thread should try to grasp. It should be avoided at all cost.

Say what you will about power creep. I dont like it either.

But earlier parts of this thread had good ideas, like investments, true faith, etc, being trifles.

And if you can break vtes with true faith being a trifle, you are probably my new hero.....

More
04 May 2013 00:43 #48165 by direwolf
I think "trifle" has gotten a little out of hand.

Trifle (tri·fle) noun. 1. : something of little value, substance, or importance

Scooping all the blood off a vampire and moving it to your pool is no trifling matter!

(okay, okay, I know, it's a game mechanic, don't take it so literally!)

But it started out intended for weak cards. By using "trifles" you would have the option of using weaker master cards at the expense of a card slot in your deck, rather than costing a full master phase action.

It has since evolved. Now we see some powerful cards that are "trifles" with a higher pool cost, or a higher opportunity cost. You could, in theory, make a trifle version of any current master card and balance it's cost.

I don't really have anything of substance to add. Just rambling here. :)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
04 May 2013 07:05 #48170 by agzocgud
Rather than making existing cards trifke, how about making cards that makes it easier to put trophies (progeny is a problem), disciplines masters and archetypes into play? These cards has keywords that make them easy to target with rules or other cards.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds