file the Quantity Quandary

23 May 2013 03:22 #48988 by ReverendRevolver
I think the DT will work out (hell, already have worked out) some flaws im the general working of the system, as it pertains to the creative process, new cards, set size, and playtesting. Im notcgonna fret about shit unless Ben Peal posts an update that reads "Hugh sent 500,000 emails saying all work and too much playtestimg make jack a very dull boy... new set on hold until playtest files are located...."
And im relatively certain thats not going to happen. At least not this set........

So, looking at mtg gives us a basexmodel for some thimgs, but thier rotations make them opposite us in design too. We want cards like tarmogoyf(enkil cog) and goblin piledriver(legacy of pander) and even vindicate (ummm.... sense dep? Sorta?) Because we wont rotate, and will never have a list of cards never to reprint (well, we do, but its full of cards like remover, bloodwork, special report, and blindspot.....) so we aim for cards with uniwue, useful, memorable effects on the game thatcmaintain relevance without inducing powercreep and making other cards lose relevance.

Again, i say wait and winess what happens with pod and danse seeing the light of day, then stir up specualtion from there.

Similar to the huntimg groumd exame, lets say i need a7-8 cap brujah to fill a crypt design slot. I could arbitrarily pick ANY brujah from ww material who isnt a vtes card and is atleast generation 7 or 8 at the youngest, make every discipline it has 5 or more dots in superior, and cherry pick ones that have less dots from there, addimg a title if needed. Easy formula, boom done. Or i can say "Chriztoff R is the star of a videogame and a clan novel character, why the hell doeznt he have a card?" Then i decide hes a 7 cap with POTCELpreforserpro and he may rush any tzimitsce as an action and gets +1 intercept against sabbat vampires and ghouls. It all fits with his background, points more or lesz work, and hes easy for artists because his likeness already exists.

But neither the eazy or thurough way gives much atrention to metagame or the general gamestate climate.
Our game is stupid hardcore dynamic because things can teeter on the brink of useless and relevant and cross the line many timez a year, depending om meta.

Lets see how design pans out, and the pod buisness model, and then critique from there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds