heart First game/ Baali help

25 May 2013 20:48 - 25 May 2013 20:53 #49102 by Darius
Hello everyone. I'm pleased to announce that I played my first game of the eternal struggle last Thursday. It was the most fun I'd ever had playing a card game. The prince of Erie of kind enough to show me and another beginner how to play and we had a blast. I've decided to turn my Tzimisce into either a war ghoul or combat deck depending on what I get out of a Sabbat war box I ordered. I'd also very much like to try try the Baali as I love their dark looks and history. My question would be pretty basic, what are they good at? They seem to have a lot of aggravated damage spells and ways of making enemies burn blood. I'm also having trouble finding decks that aren't tournament quality or just have very minor Baali inclusion (though I do realize with the infernal rule a full crypt of Baali could be a risky undertaking.) Any Baali experts out there a newcomer would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you all for the site and helping me get into this amazing game.

"Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect."
Last edit: 25 May 2013 20:53 by Darius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2013 21:53 #49104 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: First game/ Baali help

I'd also very much like to try try the Baali as I love their dark looks and history. My question would be pretty basic, what are they good at?

Bleeding at stealth.
Voting at stealth, when assisted by vampires with multiple votes and obfuscate/presence.
Defending with superior Auspex. (just Nergal, really)

This page is a few sets out of date:
www.thelasombra.com/ClanPages/baali/index.htm

The newsletters linked there have some deck ideas.

There are some more deck ideas here:
www.thelasombra.com/decks/clandecks.htm#Baali

Advice:
If you aren't beating your playgroup regularly with other decks, you cannot afford the Infernal Penalty and you will do a lot of losing.

There's also a good video here:

More
26 May 2013 01:30 - 26 May 2013 13:48 #49105 by Molloy
Replied by Molloy on topic Re: First game/ Baali help
The so-called infernal penalty is a real problem. I recommend including Ruins of Charizel or The Path of Evil Revelations. Ruins is included in the Baali pre-con deck (as well as being a booster rare in Kindred Most Wanted) and goes pretty cheap at eBay; the Path was a rare in Black Hand and is kind of expensive on the second-hand market. Ways to get your vampires untapped, for example Mylan Horseed or Eluding the Arms of Morpheus, are a good idea, too.

The Baali clan and the Daimoinon discipline got a few really good cards in Heirs to the Blood, but these are mostly really expensive to get now. Even without them you can build a solid stealth bleed deck focusing on Obfuscate and Presence, mixing Baali with Followers of Set or other minions with :obf: and :pre: . You might consider using Annazir supported by Herbert Westin and Raphael Catarari. When your non-Baali support vampires have Potence, they can use the outferior of Conflagration, which is a pretty good Daimoinon combat card.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 26 May 2013 13:48 by Molloy.

More
26 May 2013 02:54 #49107 by Juggernaut1981
They can do a very strong Stealth Vote (but you REALLY need Voter Caps & Villein/Minion Taps). They are independent so Reckless Agitation is a viable option, plus Xeper, Arishat and Annazir all add some grunt to your static votes AND table-manipulation (particularly Arishat).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 May 2013 07:31 #49113 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: First game/ Baali help

They can do a very strong Stealth Vote (but you REALLY need Voter Caps & Villein/Minion Taps). They are independent so Reckless Agitation is a viable option, plus Xeper, Arishat and Annazir all add some grunt to your static votes AND table-manipulation (particularly Arishat).

Yes, this is a very nice way to go. Tend the Flock+Votercap/Villein handles the Infernal penalty rather smoothly. But remember the drawback on Reckless! (It cannot be used heads up)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
26 May 2013 08:46 #49120 by Juggernaut1981
Try something like this... road-test it. See if it feels right to you and of course adjust or amend it if you are missing some of the cards and don't feel like selling your soul or firstborn children to get the cards on eBay...

Deck Name : Baali G5-6 Stealth Vote
Author : Juggernaut1981
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 9 average: 5.91667
4x Horde, The (3):dai: :obf: :pre:Baali(group 6)
3x Annazir (9):DAI: :OBF: :POT: :PRE:2 votesBaali(group 5)
3x Arishat (6):DAI: :OBF: :PRE:1 voteBaali(group 6)
2x Xeper, Sultan of Lepers (7):OBF: :PRE: :ani: :dai: :pro:Baali(group 6)

Library [79 cards]

Action Modifier [38]
4x Awe
6x Bewitching Oration
6x Disarming Presence
4x Elder Impersonation
4x Faceless Night
4x Forgotten Labyrinth
4x Lost in Crowds
6x Voter Captivation

Combat [8]
8x Majesty

Master [19]
1x Giant's Blood
2x Path of Evil Revelations
2x Pentex(TM) Subversion
6x Tend the Flock
4x Villein
4x Wider View

Political Action [14]
2x Consanguineous Boon
6x Kine Resources Contested
6x Reckless Agitation

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun May 26 20:45:36 2013]

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gangrel-Boy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds