file Pro Tips

20 Jan 2014 23:13 #58729 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Pro Tips
Most of the game is getting into the heads of the other players. Thats somethimg everyone has to develope on thier own, and learn other players tells as well.

Yesferatu, we can try to figure out good ways to play Protean, but its still not easy.

Adaptability is useful if youre crazy enough to run dedicated combat with no other prevent.

Horrific Countenance is often overlooked.
Lokis gift is cool.
I hear it can aggpoke alot.
Felsh of marble is neat
Form of mist is good.
Earth control and rapid change are neat.
Eyes of the Beast and Sonar are playable sometimes.
But, my best tip for playing Protean:

Play Earth Meld. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2014 03:38 #58734 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Pro Tips

Most of the game is getting into the heads of the other players. Thats somethimg everyone has to develope on thier own, and learn other players tells as well.

Yesferatu, we can try to figure out good ways to play Protean, but its still not easy.

Adaptability is useful if youre crazy enough to run dedicated combat with no other prevent.

Horrific Countenance is often overlooked.
Lokis gift is cool.
I hear it can aggpoke alot.
Felsh of marble is neat
Form of mist is good.
Earth control and rapid change are neat.
Eyes of the Beast and Sonar are playable sometimes.
But, my best tip for playing Protean:

Play Earth Meld. ;)

I think that Form of Mist is the best protean card, better than Earth Meld and still S:CE. It is the best single stealth card in the game when delivering multiple attacks per turn.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Jan 2014 05:30 #58740 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Pro Tips
My observations of playing deck which delivers using combat (bruise and bleed):

1) Bleed as often you can, instead of rushing. Even bleeds of one are important. Think it this way: Bleeding with Jimmy Dunn every turn is same to your pray as paying for Anarch Revolt or Antediluvian Awakening.

2) Your red cards are as important assets as your other library, don't waste them if you don't need to. They help you get rid of trouble, but showing your force too early means your become trouble to other players.

3) Your goal is to oust your prey, focus on that. If you need to weaken your predator - fine, but the reward is to left.

4) Don't threat people, they don't like it.

5) Take it like a man (no offense to any female players around): If you take one from KRC, it's not personal.

6) If they make them business as your business, show your power: If you take 3 from a bleed or vote, bury them.

7) Don't fight or provoke other combat decks.

8) Be patient. Playing a fight deck exhausts your deck really fast if you fight for fight's sake. Every action and every combat should help you first.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, AaronC

More
22 Jan 2014 10:21 #58762 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Pro Tips

3) Lie
Bluff, make false promises, backstab, basically do whatever you have to do to win. [...]

I have never broken a deal in this game, unless it was to like win a tournament or so. And people know that. Many of the best players I know have the same reputation. So consider achieving such a reputation yourself - I think it´s good for you in the long run.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
22 Jan 2014 12:09 #58767 by Von_Polack
Replied by Von_Polack on topic Re: Pro Tips

3) Lie
Bluff, make false promises, backstab, basically do whatever you have to do to win. [...]

I have never broken a deal in this game, unless it was to like win a tournament or so. And people know that. Many of the best players I know have the same reputation. So consider achieving such a reputation yourself - I think it´s good for you in the long run.

I think 'Lie' should be substituted with 'Bluff' in the list. Nobody likes a deal breaker, and breaking deals only hurts you in the long run.

However, bluffing will win you games. These don't necessarily need to be lies, just making others believe stuff like you have intercept/wakes/delaying tactics/etc in your hand.

More
22 Jan 2014 20:40 #58777 by librarian
Replied by librarian on topic Re: Pro Tips

Nobody likes a deal breaker

Untrue. No one likes getting fooled. But typically, someone breaking a deal doesn't cause you to not like them personally.

Trying to social engineer away deal breaking is precisely the 2nd best reason to break a deal. That and it helps you win.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds