file faithfull servant

04 Mar 2014 08:31 #59644 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: faithfull servant
So you influence Rosemarie and you play Carver, then you play Faithful Servant and bleed for 3 with a force of will, you play a vessel on rosemarie and now, you have every turn 1 free pool + 1 free blood (of course, if someone burn you hostage counter, you just have to begin anew but no combo is perfect).

And with only a 4 cards combo !

I think I will make a deck with this combo. And quickly before Faithful servant get banned !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2014 08:48 #59645 by Nightbringer
Replied by Nightbringer on topic Re: faithfull servant

Does anyone know why a faithfull servant costs 2 blood? In mhy meta i spen dalot of time in torpor and would like to use Her, but 2 blood, should be free IMO..

Any disagreeers?

Maybe the designers feared the Faithful Servant + Eyes of the Dead combo....

Andreas Thomasson
Prince of Linköping

More
04 Mar 2014 12:06 - 04 Mar 2014 12:07 #59648 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: faithfull servant

Maybe the designers feared the Faithful Servant + Eyes of the Dead combo....

Actually, there were moderately annoying things you could do at the time involving torpor-diving. In particular, torporizing yourself to kick off Fame was a thing, because Fame was a very different card. And you had people doing things with Fortitude for Day Op + Freak. The Gangrel infinite loop was one of the early problem decks - and is one of the reasons why the Tournament Rules got the No Repeat Actions rule in them which, bizarrely, wasn't part of the basic game.

Even in that environment, it was pretty seriously overcosted, especially given that they created Palatial Estate at the same time which is essentially the same basic card. And, while expensive, Palatial Estate is not the worst card on earth - it even turns up in the TWDA quite a few times.

Presumably there was a thought process that went something like "Oh, Palatial Estate is unique. But Faithful Servant is non-unique. So we need a restriction on Faithful Servant. Ooh, let's pick the most annoying restriction ever!"
Last edit: 04 Mar 2014 12:07 by jamesatzephyr.

More
06 Mar 2014 01:13 #59701 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: faithfull servant

The whole point of Faithful Servant is to not leave torpor. Sadly, then someone rescues you and makes you pay and your bloat engine is screwed.

I've seen you do it, and it is true.

Also over investing in the trick merely puts neon signs on it.

Discretion and patience gets away with more things... :whistle:

More
07 Mar 2014 11:35 #59753 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: faithfull servant
you play Faithful Servant, and now everyone at the table will be strongly reluctant to send that vampire to torpor, because OBVIOUSLY you're up to something.

More
07 Mar 2014 14:03 #59755 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: faithfull servant
That is why I play Tzimisce in my Faithful Servant deck, to be able to send my vampire to torpor with Breath of the Dragon.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds