file Tremere Paths

19 Mar 2014 22:03 #60116 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Tremere Paths

I might be in the minority. Every time I've tried traditional combat with the Tremere, I end up burned or in torpor. Admittedly, they do have Auspex and Dominate for bleed mechanics. However, of all the combat disciples available, I would put Thaumaturgy dead last.

Run Uta and stairstep down toe Carna, and supporters. Just try it, i dislike non fortitude stuff, but its decent.

Now, ive been coming back to petaniqua combat every year or so, and its ALMOST worked like 7 times now....

But tham is good, and miles ahead of protean, necro, serpentis, and qui. Not ecen getting into the bloodlines (poor damn gargoyles. Build non-slave, or even non-updog gargoyles amd you understand rough....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2014 08:18 #60122 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Tremere Paths

However, of all the combat disciples available, I would put Thaumaturgy dead last.

Uh uh huh (hyperventilating...)

Bacuase of it being so darn versitile I'd, on the other hand, rank it really high.
Stealing blood/life, access to aggravated, bypassing fortitude, solid maneuver/press card, etc...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Mar 2014 09:49 #60123 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Tremere Paths
there are many disciplines doing things in combat better than thaumathurgy, but if you had to pick only one combat discipline for combat (not grinding), thaumathurgy would be the most versatile ;)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
20 Mar 2014 09:59 #60124 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Tremere Paths
it sounds like your meta is a nonstop torpor-fest?
thaumaturgy has a lot of good counters to other combat types, but if you're facing 4 combat decks you probably won't be able to counter them all.

More
20 Mar 2014 10:50 #60126 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Tremere Paths
At least for me, when there's combat, there is either torpor-fest or I-will-never-go-to-torpor fest.

Recently I had a combat featuring Hektor vs. 1 cap, and it took 3 or 4 rounds for 1 cap to go to torpor. At least poor Hektor did not lose his pride...

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
20 Mar 2014 13:41 #60127 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Tremere Paths

Do people think it would be feasible/necessary to add a Path mechanic to Tremere that allowed for more effective combat?

What sort of outcome would you like? That, with the path, Tremere are a combat deck that can match the efficiency of, say, an Immortal Grapple rush deck, or Tzimisce/Vic/Ani, or celeritous guns? Or that the path would be a nice bonus?

The problem with former option is that if you need the Path to be ruthless in combat, you need quite a few in the deck so you pull them early-ish. Guns suffer from this too a little, but guns provide a significant permanent boost - permanent long-range damage- and also have mechanisms to be drawn from the deck.

To take one of your examples:
I could see an action or a master, that could be placed on the vampire, that augmented existing Thaumaturgy cards. (Path of Blood on you gives a free maneuver to "theft" style combat cards,

We already have an action that gives free maneuvers to theft style combat cards. To make it exceptionally overpowered, it gives a free maneuver whether you play a theft style combat card or not! See: IR Googles and Jackie Therman.
Path of Movement (Immortal Grapple-style that restricts strikes)

For anti-S:CE, the Tremere already have access to Perfect Clarity and Thoughts Betrayed.
Path of Blood (Temporary gen increase/Increased Stength-style damage boost)

Generational increase is most likely to help Dominate, and Dominate doesn't really need the help. For other purposes, there'd be very little point.

For increased damage, it is difficult to justify actions or master slots when you can play a smattering of Target cards.
Path of Flame (Deal/mitigate agg)

Just play Rego Motus? If it's something like "Put in play. This vampire prevents one aggravated damage..." then just play Flak Jacket, Kevlar Vest - or even Leather Jacket?

Little of this seems like it would make anyone fear Tremere combat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TryDeflectingThisGrapple

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds