file Villein (another thread to rant about a card)

30 Jul 2014 12:00 #64448 by FrançoisV
Ho, it's not mandatory, I included Minion Tap hosing mostly because it was in the original design.

To parallel, Vessel's Blood Doll hosing is lessened by the fact that Vessel is much less desirable than a Blood Doll, and using Blood Dolls rather than Vessel is still a valid choice, which reduces the chance of the hosing to occur. Villein is actually more desirable than Minion Tap (same effect -almost- but trifle) so the Minion Tap hosing on top of that went out of control. If Villein becomes less desirable than Minion Tap, if Minion Tap becomes more of a valid pick over Villein, the hosing is less likely to occur. I think. So that's why I thought why not reintroduce a hosing clause (softer than the original, though).

But yeah, it's optional.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2014 11:15 - 11 Aug 2014 11:15 #64789 by Charles_Bronson
Villein is still overpowered.

Not hosing minion tap is obviously not enough. It was good for a start, but the result is that minion tap is obsolete now.

You have two classes of card:

Villein (class A card, trifle, almost no disadvantage)
Minion Tap (class C card, uses a entire mpa, no reason to use anymore).

I only use minion taps in my decks because I don't own enough villeins.

How you guys would feel if a "carrion Crows alike card that gives 3 damage at superior instead 2" were released?

That's how I feel.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 11 Aug 2014 11:15 by Charles_Bronson.

More
11 Aug 2014 13:11 #64791 by jamesatzephyr

Villein
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control and move {up to 3 blood}{half the remaining blood (round up)} from that vampire to your pool. Minion Tap cards cost {} an additional pool. Villein costs an additional pool to play on this vampire. {Burn/Remove from the game this card when a Minion Tap is played}.

Not that I'm suggesting this would be the 'right' way to fix Villein, should such be needed, but I was always somewhat vaguely surprised that Villein didn't say something like:
Villein
Master: trifle
Put this card on a vampire you control who does not have a Villein on them. Move some blood from this vampire to your pool (restricted in some fashion - maximum amount, minimum amount, whatever). Maybe a Minion Tap hoser.

So Villein works better to spice up a deck that wants a chunk of blood back in a hurry, and a serious blood recursion deck still has a niche for Minion Tap, especially in star vampire decks or a deck only expecting to get one or two fatties out for most of the game (even if not truly a star vampire).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
01 Oct 2014 04:08 - 01 Oct 2014 04:09 #65944 by Charles_Bronson
for good interactions:

Villein
Master: Trifle
Cost: 1 Pool.
Put this card in play and move 2 or more blood from that vampire to your pool. Villeins you play cost an additional pool. If your prey play minion tap, he or she burns an additional pool.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 01 Oct 2014 04:09 by Charles_Bronson.

More
01 Oct 2014 16:18 #65957 by Wand
I don't think villein is overpowered anymore. Minion tap is still a very good card, specially when you use it on decks with more than 1 master phase, like anson, cybele or nana bururku. voting decks can still use minion tap in a very effective way, by using parthenon, rummors of gehenna and other stuff.

I guess sometimes villein is a bad card, specially when you use it too much. I would not change anything to the text at all.

Archbishop of Vitória

More
02 Oct 2014 04:24 #65964 by Timo

voting decks can still use minion tap in a very effective way, by using parthenon, rummors of gehenna and other stuff.

Why bother playing Parthenon in order to play Minion Tap when you could just play Villein with about the same outcome ?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds