file My Kin Against the World : how to ?

18 Sep 2014 06:48 - 19 Sep 2014 09:56 #65534 by Timo
I am following a discussion in the TWD/report sub-forum and I guess a specific post could be a good idea.

First, here is the original post :

vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/65444

The listed uses are :

1.) in a baali 5/6 vote deck in order to multi-act (for condemnation mute, annazir/xeper specials etc...) or for using the horde bonus bleed multiple times.

It appears in the TWDA 2 times in this kind of deck :
in a 10 players tournament with 1 copy of MKAtW
in a 12 players tournament with 2 copies

(Jeff Kuta states that there are 3 TWD but I can find only 2)

2.) Lutz

It appears 4 times in the TWDA :
- 3 times by Danilo Torrisi (ranked 3rd in the player registry) in 19, 20 and 22 players tournaments with 5 copies. The deck plan is Lutz, Maris, Quentin and Rachel abusing madness network by untapping with MKAtW
- once in a 13 players tournament (with 3 copies of MKAtW) where the idea is to multi-act for vote+bleed with tryphosa

out of the 15 TWD featuring MKAtW, we have in order :

- 4 Malkavian for a total of 18 copies of MKAtW
- 3 Guruhi (2 of them featuring Eze with a lot of aye !!!) for a total of 3 copies
- 2 Baali for a total of 3 copies
- 2 Brujah (Dmitra) for a total of 3 copies
- 2 Ravnos featuring Mata Hari (twice the same deck) for a total of 2 copies
- 1 Ravnos featuring eldest are kholo with 2 copies in a 10 players tournament
- 1 Lasombra with 2 copies in a 10 players tournament

There is also turbo Anabell (c)FzD

And I would think 1 or 2 copies in a death star-type of deck could have good use in order to strike twice in the same turn but I not at all convinced...

It seems that the best results so far are made by Lutz/Maris streck abusing madness network and for the 2 last versions of it first tradition and judgment: camarilla segregation

What are your ideas ? Your feelings ?

Mine are that it is a card with great potential and I find the Lutz/MN trick to be amazing (but the existing list seems difficult to pull out because of having about NO blood gain with a mechanic based upon MKAtW and Maris Streck/Mental Maze which are both very blood intensive !)

PRO : Huge multiacting possibility with clans which don't have easy access to freak drive (and notably, 1 card can untap multiple vampires for a big lunge)
It is a vote so it has very good synergie with :pre: users with the best existing card for blood gain (Voter Captivation) recouping its heavy blood cost

CON : heavy blood cost
It is a vote so it has all the CON vote has (you need to pass the action, pass the vote and there is steal DT or other vote cancelers)
It is an utility card which do no pool lost nor any attrition on its own which could be painfull for a very costly card
Last edit: 19 Sep 2014 09:56 by Timo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2014 14:05 #65658 by Timo
Nobody has anything to say on the matter ? :D

More
22 Sep 2014 14:54 - 22 Sep 2014 15:00 #65660 by D-dennis
Someone played it in a deck wet madness network + first tradition at a tournament in Brussels a few years ago.
The only things I remember was that the deck ran out of blood soon, and that it mostly died to its own ousting plan :)
Last edit: 22 Sep 2014 15:00 by D-dennis.

More
22 Sep 2014 15:00 #65661 by ReverendRevolver
Lutz's Kin VS the World is the only deck Ive ran it in. Ive barely played that deck, its been modified once after LB got banned, and I think it waz harvested for madness networks later.

My analysis was local meta was all wall at the time, so I had alot of stealth, and needed less if it went to a bigger tournament. Top heavy as hell, needed villeins to live, and I thought about adding grooming the protege to get other vamps faster.

More
22 Sep 2014 17:19 - 22 Sep 2014 17:20 #65672 by Lönkka
2-3 copies of MKATWs would probably be the the maximum amount you usually can use in a deck. You know, to give that extra oomph so that your every vamp(or vast majority) can do two actions while someone counted that you can only do X amount of pool damage etc.

Or make a lunge AND still be untapped with more or less everyone.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 22 Sep 2014 17:20 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 Sep 2014 20:55 #65679 by jamesatzephyr

2-3 copies of MKATWs would probably be the the maximum amount you usually can use in a deck. You know, to give that extra oomph so that your every vamp(or vast majority) can do two actions while someone counted that you can only do X amount of pool damage etc.

Play it during a First Tradition you called, for instant hilarity.

Warning: may result in other players punching you.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds