file Errata Kalis Fang??

30 Dec 2014 10:40 #68359 by Nictuku
Replied by Nictuku on topic Re: Errata Kalis Fang??

i believe an era of melee weapons are coming :)

Vampires. With. Lightsabers.

Imbued already got lightsaber....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2014 14:27 #68374 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: Errata Kalis Fang??

Guys.

If Kali's Fang were free... it still wouldn't be an automatic inclusion for Assamite decks. (Close, sure, but not automatic.) Melee weapons are that bad.

Question: is the issue that melee weapons are truly that bad? Or is the issue that a Celerity & guns combat package is always better? In the backround, guns do only bashing damage to vampires, which is also halved. A sword does lethal damage, is harder to soak, and often effectively does more damage. There's a good reason why swords and melee combat is the preferred method for vampires in cannon. For me it also strains credulity that supernatural speed increases the effectiveness and rate of fire of an assault rifle.

How different would the game be if you couldn't use additional strikes with guns, or they only added 1 additional damage per additional strike?

More
30 Dec 2014 15:04 - 30 Dec 2014 15:05 #68376 by Nictuku

Guys.

If Kali's Fang were free... it still wouldn't be an automatic inclusion for Assamite decks. (Close, sure, but not automatic.) Melee weapons are that bad.

Question: is the issue that melee weapons are truly that bad? Or is the issue that a Celerity & guns combat package is always better? In the backround, guns do only bashing damage to vampires, which is also halved. A sword does lethal damage, is harder to soak, and often effectively does more damage. There's a good reason why swords and melee combat is the preferred method for vampires in cannon. For me it also strains credulity that supernatural speed increases the effectiveness and rate of fire of an assault rifle.

How different would the game be if you couldn't use additional strikes with guns, or they only added 1 additional damage per additional strike?

i like the idea, and the way you questioning the additional strike/ supernatural speed effectiveness of a gun. With super speed, how can u increase the speed of a mechanical thing?? But, with celerity, i can imagine u strike two/tree times with a sword.

Personally i can support your idea above, to make the idea reality just a bit technical thing. I prefer the additional damage per additional strike version.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 15:05 by Nictuku.

More
30 Dec 2014 15:45 #68381 by hardyrange
Replied by hardyrange on topic Re: Errata Kalis Fang??

i believe an era of melee weapons are coming :)

Vampires. With. Lightsabers.

If those come with crossguards, I think they should cost 1 pool more, shouldn't they?

:P

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Council Chairman Bochum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 Dec 2014 21:40 #68385 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: Errata Kalis Fang??

i like the idea, and the way you questioning the additional strike/ supernatural speed effectiveness of a gun.

thanks, i enjoy trying to challenge the status quo when it comes to how we think about the game. it should be mentioned that i usually find fluff justifications of game effects to be usually pretty lame, but the celerity/guns thing and how it works in vtes when compared to the source material truly baffles me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nictuku

More
30 Dec 2014 23:08 #68386 by Nictuku
maybe this forum and the posts in it can start a debate about the rulings, game balance and make the game better. id like to ask all of you to post what kind of singularity you have noticed in the game, such as this melee weapon issue. Maybe some other things come up, so the inner circle can think about some errata or slightly modifications about the rules, cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds