file How to play this deck

07 Feb 2015 15:32 - 07 Feb 2015 15:33 #69127 by Elgnat
How to play this deck was created by Elgnat
Im not sure where to post this, but here goes.

This deck Kirkonrottia ja muita uskonnollisia juttuja (www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=18043) was declared deck pf teh year over at vtesone.

But I don't get it. I trust that its good, but I don't understand. Anyone wanna educate me? And why is there no untapcombo in the inbued package?
Last edit: 07 Feb 2015 15:33 by Elgnat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2015 16:53 #69128 by ReverendRevolver
Its streamlined allies with imbued. Tupdogs cycle into imbued, and let you play the vamp only allies and PB chicago, st blaise, etc, as well as rock cat.

It poisons the table some, is streamlined efficiently enough to be reliable, and is somewhat hard to read initially.

Imbued are too good to get untap toys. Theres a Saulubri who froups with them who fan untap them. Thats unplayed and they still win fine. They play like weeni aus, with one sided events and recurring bleed pump, untap, and defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elgnat

More
08 Feb 2015 10:33 #69136 by a-e
Replied by a-e on topic Re: How to play this deck
Turn 1: If you have really good starting hand, then play Jake Washington, recruit Ossian with Jake. Influence out as many Tupdogs that you have Rock Cats in your hand.

Turn 2: Recruit all allies that you can get to table. Influence to Travis if possible.

Turn 3: Rush with Rock Cats/Ossian/Wendell to anything that your predator/prey has influenced out. Influence out Travis.

Turn 4 and onwards: Keep your predator in ropes with rushes and Gregory/Young Bloods, rush with everything else your prey, use Travis for bloat, bleed with Mylan/Jennie/Jennifer.

Just be careful with your pool usage before you get Travis' bloat going on. Also keep in mind that if you recruit Wendell early on, you need to influence out two Tupdogs to be able to recruit one Rock Cat on next turn, because Wendell torporizes one of them in untap phase.

Card ratios ain't perfect on this version, as I had taken some cards out from the deck over the years to other decks and I didn't have enough time to search all the missing cards to it before the tournament. (originally deck had more copies of Jake/Ossian/Carlton to get good starting hand more often) Also I would add to it three to four copies of Hearth of Nizhetus as at later game you really can't cycle your hand without one.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Elgnat

More
08 Feb 2015 12:57 #69138 by Elgnat
Replied by Elgnat on topic Re: How to play this deck
With untap I was thinking about the bread-and-butter Imbued thing with Vigilance and Leatherjackets and what not for untap schenanigans.

a-e: Is it your deck? Cool to get a response from the author himself. May I ask what the opimal, theoretical, deck-list would include? The deck seems very nice, I realy like how explosive it seems early on and how it keeps the pressure on.

More
08 Feb 2015 14:17 #69140 by a-e
Replied by a-e on topic Re: How to play this deck
Yes it's my deck, though the original idea came from Erik Torstensson. I saw his deck in casual game 2010 and made later my own version of it. (never seen his deck listing so it might have been quite different from mine)

Hmm... lets see, I would probably make currently changes like these to the deck:

-1 Millicent Smith (never played it to table in any game)
-1 Meat Hook (though Ossian with Meat Hook is awesome)
-1 Rock Cat
-4 Trap (too many times I just lose my own minion to this card)

+3 Hearth of Nizhetus (need it to cycle cards)
+1 Jake Washington
+1 Ossian

So down to 60 cards from 62. Though if I need to add some meta depending silver bullets, I could go up to 65 cards if necessary.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
08 Feb 2015 16:08 #69141 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: How to play this deck

Yes it's my deck, though the original idea came from Erik Torstensson. I saw his deck in casual game 2010 and made later my own version of it. (never seen his deck listing so it might have been quite different from mine)

Ah, played in a casual game where Erik played that deck -awesome stuff!

My instance was at Teemu's, but can't recall if you were in sauna or playing. Apparently playing... :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds