question-circle no blood hunt combat deck theory

03 Oct 2015 10:00 #73475 by Damaged91
im fairly new to vtes and need pros and cons of an idea i had for a deck.
the main part of the crypt would involve:
muaziz, archon of ulugh beg
theo bell
tariq, the silent

my base plan for a library would be:
9x 44's
9x Concealed Weapons
6x taste of Vitae
6x blurs
6x hell-for-leather (or something i have that would give me extra attacks without using my addition attack)

and i would add some intercept and blood dolls for a bloat
any help would be great thanks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2015 11:03 #73476 by Nac
combat-decks are hard to play as the right time to eat the right guy is something that takes time to get.
about specifics, it depends on your particular metagame and how fighty it is. you need a way of dealing with combat ends and amaranth to act only to enter combat. anarch tariq sounds fun and steely tenacity would make it somehow easy

More
03 Oct 2015 12:52 #73477 by Damaged91
Well I think blow torches would be better in this case and I was thinking maybe first strike would help and forgot amerathas then that would help I guess my plan is most of the community has 2-4 vampires out per player then use powerbase Washington to trap players in to combats with blow torch

More
04 Oct 2015 00:44 #73479 by mjvtes521
Steely Tenacity is an infinite rush! Free with Path of Blood. About 8 Diversion would be awesome too, for prevent 2 or add strike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damaged91

More
04 Oct 2015 01:02 - 04 Oct 2015 01:07 #73480 by Damaged91
thanks for the help about the cards. not completely aware of most of the cards just know the basic cards and have made around 8 alright decks with lots of help from the guy that taught the game in the community and wont be able to pull this deck off i guess dont have the three main crypt cards so thanks for the help and knowledge and if someone does make it simalar let me know how it worked for you
Last edit: 04 Oct 2015 01:07 by Damaged91.

More
04 Oct 2015 20:35 #73494 by jamesatzephyr

any help would be great thanks for your time

I'd advise some caution, or at least being attentive to what happens. It's potentially quite possible to create decks that dispose of opposing vampire's in spectacular and entertaining ways, and they can be extremely good fun to play. However, obliterating your opponents very often won't win games. What it often will do is cause someone else on the table - probably your grand-prey or grand-predator on a 5 player table - to have a very easy life, and probably mean one of them wins.

As a general rule, you often want your prey to be able to put some pressure on your grand-prey, and you generally want your predator to be able to put up some resistance against her predator. With a deck such as the one you describe, you will often:

- eat all of your prey's vampires
- slowly eat through your prey's pool, but you've used so many combat-oriented cards that the ousting is slow
- watch your grand-prey be able to scamper about with no predator breathing down his neck.

Similar considerations apply for obliterating your predator.

It is, however, often extremely good fun, so it's easy to get distracted by your success in vampire obliteration (+2 fun), while not winning.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds