file How can one churn excess or duplicate Master cards (beneficially)?

14 Jun 2018 21:33 #88185 by Kushiel

Grimm is the best (on topic) suggestion in this thread! Thanks.

The downsides to it are that it usually takes four turns before it might start giving you the opportunity to ditch masters (IME people don't start trying to grab it until it's nearly full), and that opportunity is based on other players' decisions rather than your own.

BG was good in twister decks that used masters for their burn option cards; not sure how well it'll suit your needs here, but maybe...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2018 05:32 #88230 by hollowboy

BG was good in twister decks that used masters for their burn option cards; not sure how well it'll suit your needs here, but maybe...?

Funny, that. I built a Henry + Imbued 50 card twister years ago. It had 10 burn option cards to pad it out to 60 (Slaughterhouse etc), and I never even considered Grimm.

When I think of twister + master abuse, I think of playing an infinite number of Jake Washington and Hostile Takeover.

More
26 Jul 2018 19:37 - 26 Jul 2018 19:40 #89381 by Robert Scythe

Also, to any VEKN Design Team people reading this, can we please give every action get a default of 1 stealth, so you don't have to print "+1 stealth action" on every action card, and so I don't have to explain to new players that every action gets +1 stealth except for bleeding and that action cards don't have a default of 1 stealth plus "+1 stealth" for a total of 2 stealth. Consistency is a good thing and aid new players.

A simple explanative formula that I use to teach new players about actions:

1. ALL actions are at default 0 stealth/no stealth
2. explain cardless actions
-ALL actions are at default 0 stealth/no stealth
3. Explain the difference between Directed and Undirected actions
4.The ONLY exception to the default 0 stealth are cardless undirected actions which give a bonus +1 stealth. ONLY exception.
5. Explain that there are card driven actions
6. Action cards may print +stealth to their action which you add to the default 0 stealth.

They should get that fairly quick and you can go on with the more intricate details of this very complex game.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2018 19:40 by Robert Scythe.

More
26 Jul 2018 20:40 #89385 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Marrakesh Codex helps me big time to get the cards that I want. Together with Blackhorse Tanner and parthenon I get the cards that I want really fast.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds