file Deck Archetype: Second Trad Guns

30 Jan 2019 00:27 - 30 Jan 2019 01:37 #93204 by ReverendRevolver
There was recently a topic that included discussions on Tiers and such, and while several archetypes can straddle several Tiers, I feel it would be a worthwhile endeavor to catalog anything "B Tier" or higher. I would like to add the qualifier of 4 or more TWDs that fit the archetype, and if more exist just pick ones that best illustrate the deck.

So, here's one of my Favorite Archetypes, Second Trad :CEL: guns.

This Archtype focuses on utilizing princes with :CEL: to provide a combat wall that is relatively robust .
This is seldom the entire way to victory, and what flavors the deck is the other components that enable strategies outside of waiting to take the table at the 3 way.

Crypt:
Warning: Spoiler!

Basics of play:

Hazards:

Masters:

Action:

Combat:

Reaction:

Equipment

Modifiers:

Other toys:
Carlton is easy to justify, Aranthebes, Scourge of the Enochians, Dragonbound, Bowl of convergence… there are options.

The future of the archetype:

High tier decklists:

Second trad guns

Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 01:37 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 01:36 #93205 by LivesByProxy
A while back I mentioned the card Quick Draw:

Quick Draw
Combat :combat:
Only usable before strikes are chosen if you have a gun weapon card in your hand. The gun cannot cost 3 or more pool or inflict (with a regular strike) aggravated damage or 3 or more damage.
:cel: Equip this vampire with that gun (and pay cost to equip as normal).
:CEL: As above, and this round the gun strikes with first strike.

Granted, it doesn't let you drop the .44 and the use the maneuver like Concealed Weapon does, but you could use Desert Eagle (saving a pool) and :CEL: Blur to do 6 damage before the other minion can strike.

It really grinds my gears that Concealed Weapon isn't Obfuscate, but this might could be the evolution of the archetype.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
30 Jan 2019 01:47 #93206 by ReverendRevolver
Having a :OBF: Disguised speed conceal for :cel: isn't nothing by any means, but using it on a Deagle or .38 with DBR for first strike agg seems to use the card better than celerity guns would.

Second trad in particular is hurting for crypt options, since no 7 or 8 caps are as solid as Ira or Anson, and no support vamps exist better than Volker and Brando. (Yet). The simplicity of the combat package is one of the selling points, if a :cel: conceal existed that gave a manuever, additional, dodge, or prevent at SUP it would definitely replace the mono-use conceal (which is an easy mid to late game discard not often scooped with Tablets)

Related:
Do you feel the picture under "equipment" explains enough?

:silly:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds