file SPLIT: Ashur Tablets and Liquidation

22 Mar 2019 13:15 #94211 by Palamedes
@LivesByProxy
Ok, yes, it would literally kill that deck strategy, but is still usefull to cycle 13 cards and gain 3 pool. With 9+ Tablets you cycle 39 cards which is insane.
To be fair to all the players who play them in same game, maybe this is better option:

Ashur Tablets
Master.
Put this card in play. If you control three copies, you can not play more Ashur Tablets during a game, gain 3 pool and choose up to thirteen library cards from your ash heap. Move one of those cards to your hand and shuffle the others into your library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2019 15:15 - 22 Mar 2019 15:17 #94214 by Mewcat
Lots of good stuff.

Mma has always enabled problematic game play. Needs to be removed. Then we can realistically evaluate the masters on their own merit.

Master spam does not good gameplay make. Also 25 years of dominate spam is enough. Be great to get that in line
Last edit: 22 Mar 2019 15:17 by Mewcat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
23 Mar 2019 08:33 #94221 by Lech
Most elegant fix would be: Ashur's tablets only fetch minion cards, concealed weapon only equip 0 and 1 cost weapons, GtU ban, Liquidation leave as it is.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
25 Mar 2019 12:23 #94245 by DJHedgehog

Most elegant fix would be: Ashur's tablets only fetch minion cards, concealed weapon only equip 0 and 1 cost weapons, GtU ban, Liquidation leave as it is.

I think the most elegant fix to ashur would be:

"Put this card in play. If you control three copies, remove all copies in play (even controlled by other Methuselahs) from the game to gain 3 pool and remove up to thirteen cards in your ash heap from the game, then choose up to that many library cards from your ash heap; move one of the chosen cards to your hand and shuffle the others in your library."

If you want to fix liquidation I think a similar approach would be prudent. Just have it remove the cards you discard from the game and it stops facilitating ashur. Otherwise have it gain fewer pool (I think at 2 pool the card is still playable in all the decks it's actually played).

More
25 Mar 2019 14:47 #94248 by LivesByProxy
Since reprinting with such serious errata as you guys suggest is highly unlikely, a good solution IMO:

Create a "Most Wanted List". This is an idea from Android: NetRunner. It is not a ban list, but the cards on the list cost 1 more (in the case of VTES) pool.

--So Ashurs would be played for the recursion and control it gives you over your deck. Net zero (0) pool gain.
--Liquidation would be a recursion enabler and net two (2) pool gain; or, with new cards, a way to stock-piled resources (cards in the ash heap) to be manipulated.

I'm not sure what the impact of this would be. Just an idea.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
25 Mar 2019 15:14 #94251 by DJHedgehog

Since reprinting with such serious errata as you guys suggest is highly unlikely, a good solution IMO:

Create a "Most Wanted List". This is an idea from Android: NetRunner. It is not a ban list, but the cards on the list cost 1 more (in the case of VTES) pool.

--So Ashurs would be played for the recursion and control it gives you over your deck. Net zero (0) pool gain.
--Liquidation would be a recursion enabler and net two (2) pool gain; or, with new cards, a way to stock-piled resources (cards in the ash heap) to be manipulated.

I'm not sure what the impact of this would be. Just an idea.

I brought up the "most wanted list" in a conversation with other players recently. Coming from playing Netrunner I feel like it made more sense in that game because of the faction influence. That being said, increasing the cost by 1 can be an easy way to make it work.

The idea of having a rotating Most Wanted and Ban really interests me and would be fun to see at a competitive level. It would require a decent amount of curation though so the question becomes who is going to do it. While I would volunteer I think the players would revolt as soon as the sweeping changes were announced. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds