file VTES in Vienna, Austria

17 Feb 2011 10:58 #1671 by Amenophobis
For quite some time, the Viennese Methuselahs have been in torpor or to privte meetings. :whistle:

I'm happy to tell you, this came to an end. Since this February we are gathering twice each month in a restaurant to eat, drink and play VTES.

The success so far has been great, beginning with 11 players and growing to 12. I expect the number to increase in March, when another couple of players will finally be able to attend.

There is a plan to start an informal league, using the old VEKN ELO system with small adjustments for players to lose a couple of points automatically if they don't play, so players want to play more than less. :lol:

Maybe we will hold one or two official tournaments apart from the annual EC Qualifier for Austria - maybe even Austrian Nationals.

We have players from the Jyhad-era as well as noobs.

If you want more information, just ask! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2011 03:59 #1702 by librarian
Congrats Carl. How did you get it up and running again?

Nice work.

chris

More
18 Feb 2011 07:27 #1705 by Amenophobis

Congrats Carl. How did you get it up and running again?

Nice work.

chris

Honestly this was quite easy. I don't know why, but each time I invite to a "classics" event, the old players come out of the woodwork. They don't like the normal meetins in the club, which have existed since the beginning. Maybe it's because they don't own that many cards (or in some cases none at all).
Maybe it's because they know I love the game and can host great events (3 ECs build some kind of reputation with the local player base...:laugh:)

I sent an inivtation by mail one and a half weeks in advance. I contacted a lot of the players personally or let the word spread. And I tried to play the more nicely decks (nothing tournament worthy) and have the others enjoy their social evening. For most it's a chance to have an evening for themselves apart from the family, so they enjoyed themselves.

We also have a complete new player, who doesn't have a big collection. I gifted him with 2 Vessels and 2 Villeins from my personal stash along with Bru/!Bru Vampires and Masters and other useful stuff. He is hooked now and motivated cause he got some cards to be competitive. :)

A plus is also the restaurant. It has a big non-smoking room in the cellar, almost completely for us alone, the food is rather cheap, plenty and tasty, and the location is almost in the middle of Vienna, easily accessable by sub (underground).

If possible, I will post some pictures here.

More
18 Feb 2011 08:01 - 20 Feb 2011 10:11 #1707 by Amenophobis
Here I have a couple of pictures from our first gathering this month. Enjoy! :woohoo:

Attachment P1040867.jpg not found

Franky, Arthur

Attachment P1040868.jpg not found

Niki, Stefan

Attachment P1040869.jpg not found

Me (Carl), Ernst

Attachment P1040870.jpg not found

Franky, Martin (EC Champion 1999, 2009), Arthur

Attachment P1040871.jpg not found

Walter, Ernst

Attachment P1040873.jpg not found

Hermann, Ernst

Attachment P1040874.jpg not found

Arthur, Nick, Pipi and Martin
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Feb 2011 10:11 by Amenophobis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
19 Feb 2011 04:43 #1744 by librarian
Sweet! Now, who is who?

More
20 Feb 2011 10:39 #1755 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: VTES in Vienna, Austria
Hey, good work for reviving the game in Vienna.

We have quite some tourneys in Germany the next months. Are some of you keen on visiting us? We'd be very glad :cheer: !

(March 12th Mainz and 27th Frankfurt, April 30th and May 1st Darmstadt).

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds