question-circle VtES in Portland, OR

04 Mar 2011 16:27 #2069 by swamplor
Is anyone playing this game in Portland, Oregon?
I'm going to be relocating there soon and am keen to know if my VtES collection is worth the (not inconsiderable) expense and inconvenience of transporting, or should it go to a good home here on the east coast.

-Steve Wampler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2011 16:43 #2070 by brandonsantacruz
Here's their yahoo group:

games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Portland_VTES/

It hasn't had any activity from the locals since May 2009. Hopefully that isn't indicative of their actual presence. Portland is a great town that seems like it should be ripe for gamer recruitment.

Seattle is not unreasonably far away(for a tournament) and has a fair amount of players:

www.freakdrive.com/

My cousin Eric goes to Humboldt State University and plays some VTES there, but that is pretty far.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
05 Mar 2011 13:24 #2086 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: VtES in Portland, OR

I'm going to be relocating there soon and am keen to know if my VtES collection is worth the (not inconsiderable) expense and inconvenience of transporting, or should it go to a good home here on the east coast.

-Steve Wampler

Wait. What?

More
06 Mar 2011 14:17 #2133 by librarian
Replied by librarian on topic Re: VtES in Portland, OR
I sent a msg to Mari Toshimitsu, the former (maybe current) prince of Portland OR, but haven't heard back from her. Not sure if she is still a VTES-er or not. You may want to contact the premier game store in the Portland area, Rainy Day Games. (www.rainy-day-games.com/) They may know more of the scene too.
chris

More
08 Mar 2011 22:48 #2212 by Leijur
Replied by Leijur on topic Re: VtES in Portland, OR

-Steve Wampler

Steve,

I play with a casual group here in Vancouver, WA which is just across the river (15 min drive) from Portland. We have a hard time getting 5 for game sometimes. We play many 3-4 player games. We are always looking for more players. If there is an active group in Portland I would like to hear from those players as well. If interested send me a private message and I'll send you my contact information.

-Chris

More
10 Mar 2011 14:44 #2267 by Sasquatch
Replied by Sasquatch on topic Re: VtES in Portland, OR
Just as an FYI, We our having our seattle qualifier next month. We usually have a good turnout so I want to encourage anyone in the area to join us.

Blue Highway Games
2203 Queen Anne Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98109
(206) 282-0540

NWQ 2011
Sat April 2nd
Noon til 8

Thanks,
Jeremy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds