file Troglodytia's Wrinkles

09 Dec 2011 04:06 - 09 Dec 2011 04:07 #17765 by technobabble66
Hey, Trying an Una styled deck, but using mainly Hag's Wrinkles for the multiacting, as it's free.
I started by putting in every piece of equipment, plus some other tricks (abt 105 cards) then whittled it down to 90; then decided it was unlikely to work as a big deck, so drastically cut it back to this, 72 cards.

The basic idea is to equip Trog w a truckload of stuff covering decent intercept, deadly combat, & decent bleed.

Troglodytia seemed a good start for the main minion, tho almost any minion w Thanatosis could be used (Unre is tempting, just 'cause she's the Keeper of Golgotha!)
The rest of the crypt i just kinda threw in.
I decided some Waste Man Op recursion would be good, so in went Jayne
Abebe is good backup as a 4-cap
Luc is there for his caption of hand-boosting
Nicomedes is a tempting replacement for Luc (w a ratio adjustment)

One option was to add Anarch Convert,
then add some of: Anarch Revolt, Diversion, Keystone Kine, Lam Into, Libertas, Lay Low (?), Groundfighting (?), Flames of Insurrection, Body Bag, Anarch Railroad, Anarch Free Press

Deck Name: Troglodytia's Wrinkles
Author:
Description:
Use Hag's Wrinkles to turbo equip a Samedi or Unre
Maybe combo w Beartrice Tremblay?
& Fredrick the Weak (-Waste Man Op)
& Luc - for extra hand size + Touch of Clarity + Stealth

Crypt (Capacity min=2 max=10 avg=5.92; 12 cards)
===================================================

2x Abebe 4 nec obf thn Samedi:4
4x Jayne Jonestown 2 PRE !Brujah:4
1x Luc 5 dem vic OBF !Malkavian:4
5x Troglodytia 10 obf pot AUS FOR NEC THN Samedi:4

Library (72 cards)
=====================

Master (7 cards)
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Houngan
1x Minion Tap
1x Obfuscate
1x Secure Haven
1x Vessel
1x Waste Management Operation

Event (1 cards)
1x Fueled by Heart's Blood

Action (5 cards)
1x Blithe Acceptance
1x Bum's Rush
1x Harass
1x Nose of the Hound
1x Pulse of the Canaille

Equipment (17 cards)
1x .44 Magnum
1x Blade of Enoch
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
1x Eye of Hazimel
1x Flak Jacket
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x IR Goggles
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Leather Jacket
1x Light Intensifying Goggles
1x Palatial Estate
1x Phased Motion Detector
1x Rowan Ring
1x Sengir Dagger
1x Sport Bike

Retainer (1 cards)
1x Ghoul Retainer

Action Modifier (29 cards)
2x Call of the Hungry Dead
6x Freak Drive
15x Hag's Wrinkles
1x Lost in Crowds
1x Trochomancy
4x Under My Skin

Reaction (4 cards)
1x Eagle's Sight
2x Eyes of Argus
1x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (7 cards)
3x Amaranth
1x Hidden Strength
1x Immortal Grapple
1x Soak
1x Unflinching Persistence

Combo (1 cards)
1x Spectral Divination

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Dec 9, 2011 06:24:48)

How do you intend to oust?

Knock down Prey (& some of pred), then bleed heavily

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Combat mainly, bit of pool regain

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?

Trog + Jayne, maybe 1 more

What do you want your average turn to look like?

Trog equips w lots of stuff. Waits for the combat equipment required to deal w Pred or prey. Once acquired, go hunting their minions
So hopefully: Equip, equip, equip, equip, rush, freak drive, rush, freak drive, bleed!!

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

Variation. Generally some decent intercept, bleed & combat. & of varied speeds

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

Never Played.
Anticipated - weak against strong/fast intercept, & against vote decks. Little serious bleed defence could be a problem. Oh, and the high cost of equiping!!

One uncertainty: do i hv enuff or too much equipment, namely the combat-related stuff? It seemed like the bare minimum to hv a high likelihood of binning the opponent & Amaranthing.
Has anyone tried this type of deck before?
(Is there a better prime minion?)
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 04:07 by technobabble66.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2011 05:24 #17769 by Jeff Kuta
Consider 2-3x Sennadurek. AUS NEC is good and his special is gold. You'll know everything about everyone's hands.

I know you want to diablerize, but I'm not sure that's really the best thing to do. I'd prefer Urban Jungle if you still want to do it.

Drop Obfuscate
Drop Blithe Acceptance
Drop Pulse of the Canaille
Drop Light Intensifying Goggles
Drop Palatial Estate
Drop Rowan Ring
Drop Sport Bike

Add Vast Wealth
Add Perfectionist
Add Lear Jet
Add Seal of Veddartha (for Sennadurek)
Add Unflinching Persistence
Add +1 Trochomancy
Add +1 Telepathic Misdirection

Add 2x Enkil Cog :whistle:

Looks fun!

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
09 Dec 2011 15:55 #17853 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: Troglodytia's Wrinkles
I am split between Lear Jet and Hawg as your vehicle. I lean towards Hawg for minion burning.
Your need Aaron's Feeding Razor.
The pool cost of your equipment (15) is to high for your pool gain.
I would change Blade of Enoch to Sire's Index Finger and Eye of Hazimel to Covenant of Blood.
You are missing three rush cards she can play in Dirty Contract, Charge of the Buffalo and Ambush.
If you are going to keep Light Intensifying Googles you should have aim cards Target Hand and Vitals come to mind.
Instead of Immortal Grapple how about Telepathic Tracking to get rid of one combat ends.
I do not think you need to Amaranth at all nor can you defend against the blood hunt.
With four copies of Jayne why not have one Society of Leopold.
Blood Tears of Kephran is free and flexible.
In the Una deck Bomb replaces Secure Haven and I think you should too.

More
09 Dec 2011 22:15 #17926 by technobabble66
Sennadurek is a potentially good option, but i wasn't sure if i needed 2 ways to regularly see everyone's hand (Trog's caption + Sennadurek's caption). Also, FWIW the deck seems to work infinitely better with hand boosting tech (unsurprisingly!) - the extra 2 cards from Dreams means the card-flow for extensive multiacting works much better, which wz why i considered Luc or Nicomedes.
Aarons, Sire's, Blood tears, Dirty, Charge, Ambush & Seal were all considered, but dropped to streamline.
The aarons seemed great, but wz dropped as Palatial adds some blood already (w/o needing to act & freak) so wz dropped in streamlining.
Dirty, Charge & Ambush were scrapped after cutting out a few rush options as part of streamlining. I hoped w the Waste Man Op, the 3 i've kept plus the Eye it would be enuff.
Blade wz preferred to Sire, as it can do +1 damage & agg to (!)Brujahs
Seal wz dropped as it's a +1 bleed (D) action, so competes w the Codex.
Blood tears wz great, but decided Hounagan & Palatial gave enuff blood renewal. Not sure abt this, the Tears could b v useful admittedly.
I went w the Eye instead of the Covenant as it's equipment (free to untap) & is hard to remove. The covenant could be burnt more easily.
Learjet could be awesome - hv to think abt it. I went w Sport bike instead of Hawg/Helicopter/Learjet as i wanted to ensure the intercept. Admittedly could be overkill. Tricky choice. Maybe Learjet solves a more critical issue - cardflow.
The 2 Googles r there as they're free & having 2 manuevers seemed like a good idea - both for offence & defence.
Grapple's free, but Telepathic Tracking may be a better card, esp w the opponent losing their S:CE.
Society wz dropped to streamline, but could b worth finding room for
Bomb sounds great - will definitely replace Secure.
Vast Wealth i also hadn't thought of. Not sure, but it could b v handy backup for cardflow, so it'll probably go in.
Totally forgot Enkil - instant inclusion.

Not saying i disagree with any of the suggestions, just that there are some reasons as to why those cards weren't originally included.
Does that reasoning seemed justified, or would you make the changes anyway??

The idea w the selection of weaponry wz to mash-in the Tariq-Eats-The-World idea: either Trog or Ghoul Retainer definitely hit w something to torporize the opponent, then amaranth them. Again, it could be vast overkill. Also, the long-range backup is a bit lame (.44 mag), and the short-range is a bit overdone (Rowan ring, Sengir, Blade; & originally had Wooden stake also) - maybe a good reason to drop the Blade.
Also, the Obfuscate master is to crank Trog to an 11-cap to allow her to Amaranth minions via Fuelled by Hearts Desire. The Obf could b anything - just thought it would be the more useful option.
That's why i've gone the Amaranth route - i thought this whole combo could work well.
But what alternative?? Torporing w 1 agg doesn't seem that great as they just come back out again. So the 2 main options seemed either torpor them w blood & amaranth, or torpor on zero blood (via lots of damage). Going down the high-damage route: equipment melee is generally lame & decent long range is expensive (~5 pool guns).
The local metagame combat varies, but there's commonly POT, Saturday night Dragon Breath Rounds, and something w intercept such as Tremere tech or Sniper rifles (or just the standard "anything" w Target:vVitals).

More
10 Dec 2011 06:31 #17940 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Troglodytia's Wrinkles
Probably too much close range weaponry.
Apart from the above suggestions, also consider Carvers. Turns chump blockers into Trogs blood puppies.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
10 Dec 2011 06:35 #17941 by Dr.Mafrune
I think you are gonna be scewed if you don´t include defense against pentex subversion.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds