file !Gangrel Swarm

24 Feb 2012 22:40 #24068 by KoKo
Replied by KoKo on topic Re: !Gangrel Swarm
Thanks for the input peeps.

Aranthebes, I really don't want to add BUT this deck will die if prey plays it. I think I'm gonna try to fit a couple in.

Swapping a few copies of TV for WWS seems like a fine idea. Pickman will also probably make it into the crypt.

Sunset Strip can give way to Frontal Assault and by that same token would allow me to replace Scrounging with Aranthebes. I like the idea of being able to cycle combat out of my hand with rushes from FA.

I've thought of adding a Gehenna module but I'm not sure I want to go higher in the total cards in library and am unsure about what to remove for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2012 04:23 - 25 Feb 2012 04:28 #24072 by Leijur
Replied by Leijur on topic Re: !Gangrel Swarm
Well since I told KoKo I'd take a look at this idea last night, here I am. Originally this deck concept seems a bit weak on the power scale of what I see on JOL day to day. But with some tweaks it's got game against most of the common anti-weenie strategies. When he first told me about the deck I knew I wanted to include The Uncoiling as I see scourge of the enochians about half the games I play on JOL as anti-weenie tech. So this deck just tries to include answers to the most common anti-weenie tech. The delaying tactics were already there and are necessary. I had the count up to three on my first iteration but ended up cutting it back to two trying to keep the deck a bit tighter. Arenthebes is in since it's game over if he hits the table for your prey and gives you ONE source of intercept in the deck which is always nice. Took some of the suggestions in the response string. Games of instinct works very well in a deck like this so I included it as directed rush. I tossed in a few computer hacking just to screw up math for people who think your always going to bleed for one. Reduced the number of follow the alphas since it won't always be useful if you've got your prey pinned down for example. The Giant's blood is included because it's just a better life in the city that denies it to others who play big caps. Added some WWS for staying power. This deck will probably just die to a sniper rifle without some REAL luck and follow the alpha. Anyways here is my version. Think I tweaked the crypt to make it efficient to my tastes. You really want to draw at least three unique vampires and have them all in play so limiting dupes is good.

Deck Name : !Gangrel Swarm
Author : Chris Hill (Leijur on JOL)
Description :
Based off original deck idea from KoKo.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.16667

1x Leo Washington 2 cel pro !Gangrel:4
2x Denette Stensen 2 obf !Gangrel:4
2x Jesus Alcala 2 cel !Gangrel:3
1x Bill Butler 3 pot pro !Gangrel:4
1x Lula Burch 3 for pro !Gangrel:4
1x Charlie Tyne 4 obf pro ser !Gangrel:4
1x Jeffrey Mullins 4 OBF cel !Gangrel:4
1x Scarlet Carson O'T 4 CEL pro !Gangrel:3
1x Celeste Lamontagne 5 ANI PRO for !Gangrel:4
1x Maria Stone 5 FOR cel obf pro !Gangrel:3

Library [79 cards]

Action [24]
2x Aranthebes, The Immortal
5x Computer Hacking
12x Embrace, The
5x Games of Instinct

Action Modifier [6]
6x Follow the Alpha

Combat [30]
11x Leathery Hide
4x Pulled Fangs
11x Target Vitals
4x Weighted Walking Stick

Event [2]
2x Uncoiling, The

Master [13]
1x Giant's Blood
2x Frontal Assault
2x Hungry Coyote, The
4x Life in the City
4x Tribute to the Master

Reaction [4]
2x Delaying Tactics
2x On the Qui Vive
Last edit: 25 Feb 2012 04:28 by Leijur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds