file Harbingers Laibon Bleed

22 Jun 2012 15:28 - 22 Jun 2012 19:46 #32382 by KoKo
Harbingers Laibon Bleed was created by KoKo
Deck Name : SKULL
Author :
Description :

1. How do I intend to oust?

Ancestor's Spirit out the gate thus making Computer Hacking a bleed for 3. Traditional NEC stealth package is used to get the bleeds through. Bleed potential grows as game progresses via equipment/retainers.

2. How do I intend to survive?

Auspex module for the occasional block and/or bounce. Spiritual Intervention deals with combat. Will die to dedicated combat, however. The single .44 Magnum is there to ward off unprepared fighters (they will NEED that maneuver or grapple in hand before rushing magnum wielder). Breath of Thanato is aggravated damage and can cause people to think twice before getting into combat with my guys (after havingin played one and provided they don't play fortitude... but still).

The Board:

About the crypt. Babalawo has all three in-clan disciplines at superior and I do not plan on having more than 2-3 minions in play at a time so Bablawo with Mina or Solomon and maybe a 4-cap is what I really want to see on the board. Mina is also laibon, is eligible for Ancestor's Spirit, and can (and usually will) burn a blood for +1 bleed. She is a great vampire and I would have run 3 copies of both her and Baba but her lack of auspex prevents me from doing that here. Nevertheless, Ancestor's, Computer Hacking, burn a blood can generate 4 bleed and should be a common occurrence given the deck.

General thoughts:

I know three copies of Ancestor's Spirit seems high in the master package but it really gets the deck going and is quite a poweful card for a clan that lacks ousting properties. Also note that I plan on keeping the deck at a slim 70 cards allowing for proper flow. Please take that into consideration when suggesting replacements. I don't run Trochomancy b/c I often find myself unable to play it when I want to hence the focus on laibon. Between the equipment/retainer/masters and Ancestor's Insight, I will rarely be bleeding for less than 2-3. I'm also considering replacing Bowl of Convergence with Ivory Bow or Kevlar Vest.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 7 average: 5.9

4x Babalawo Alafin 7 AUS FOR NEC ani Harbinger:4
2x Mina Grotius 6 FOR NEC cel Harbinger:3
2x Solomon Batanea 5 AUS FOR nec Harbinger:4
2x Nicomedes 5 aus for nec vic Harbinger:4
1x Maldavis 4 AUS for pre Caitiff:3
1x Prejudice 4 aus dom nec Nagaraja:4

Library [75 cards]

Action [12]
6x Computer Hacking
2x Force of Will
4x Revelations

Action Modifier [17]
6x Call of the Hungry Dead
2x Daring the Dawn
8x Freak Drive
1x Strange Day

Action Modifier/Reaction [10]
4x Ancestor's Insight
6x Spectral Divination

Combat [6]
6x Spiritual Intervention

Equipment [3]
1x Erebus Mask
1x Camera Phone
1x Kduva's Mask

Master [11]
3x Ancestor Spirit
2x Blood Doll
1x Coven, The
2x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
2x Perfectionist

Reaction [13]
6x Eyes of Argus
3x My Enemy's Enemy
4x Telepathic Misdirection

Retainer [3]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Shaman
1x Tasha Morgan

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Jun 21 10:56:48 2012]
Last edit: 22 Jun 2012 19:46 by KoKo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2012 17:06 #32389 by vtesocrates
Some reason you aren't using Trochomancy? Ancestor Spirit is unique so I wouldn't play three copies. Instead consider Heidelberg so you can share bleed equipment and retainers. What about Erebus Mask? Seems like a no-brainer.

If you get that stuff out, you'll have decent payload, but the delivery system is still a little weak. Giovanni add Seduction and Bonding to the arsenal and they will usually get a couple of superior Governs in to have numbers. It's hard to get enough Harbingers out to be really effective. I've been messing around with a similar deck, but that's been my main problem.

More
22 Jun 2012 18:14 #32393 by KoKo
Replied by KoKo on topic Re: Harbingers Laibon Bleed
Thanks for reply!

Three copies of Ancestor Spirit may seem like a lot but I run so many precisely b/c I want to get one as early as possible. While far from being DOM powerbleed, it is my way of offsetting the lack of cards such as Govern/Conditioning. The upside is that the equipment/retainers, once on the vampires, are there to stay and make for a steady 5+ bleed per turn (two vamps on board, an early ancestor, Mina, for example).

Tochomancy is too slow for me and can clog my hand for a good while. Or at least that has been my experience with it. The main difference I suppose between this deck and standard Giovanni is the defense module. It's pretty hefty and versatile here and I think adds to our survivability. Ancestor's Insight is a nice card as well adding to both offense and defense.

In testing, the deck bleeds a lot harder than most expect and getting a bleed for 4-5 at +1 stealth bounced sucked more often than not. Hence the omission of Mask.

More
22 Jun 2012 18:54 #32394 by Dorrinal
You're already playing Spectral Divination for stealth. Why is the Mask any different? Consider playing intercept locations and/or Change of Target to foil bounce.

:trem:

More
22 Jun 2012 19:20 - 22 Jun 2012 19:22 #32397 by Boris The Blade
+4 Revelations
+4 Freak Drive
+2 Daring the Dawn (or maybe only 1 since you have Strange day)
-1 Change of Target
-1 Kiss of Ra

If you don't play the tools :aus: and :for: provide for bleed decks, you are only playing an inferior Giovanni powerbleed.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2012 19:22 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KoKo

More
22 Jun 2012 19:27 - 22 Jun 2012 19:46 #32398 by KoKo
Replied by KoKo on topic Re: Harbingers Laibon Bleed
Hmm all interesting. Alright, I was looking to drop Bowl anyway. I will replace with Mask.

+4 Revelations
+4 Freak Drive
+2 Daring the Dawn (or maybe only 1 since you have Strange day)
-1 Change of Target
-1 Kiss of Ra

If you don't play the tools :aus: and :for: provide for bleed decks, you are only playing an inferior Giovanni powerbleed.

Now these I like A LOT. Many thanks! I will modify deck accordingly.

EDIT: I went ahead and added 2x Daring the Dawn and 2x Force of Will thus upping the deck's ousting power. I am, however, worried a bit about blood. I can add a Giant's Blood and replace Dreams with Jake Washington. Between those, Coven, and Perfectionist, do you think it will be enough?
Last edit: 22 Jun 2012 19:46 by KoKo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds