file Fae Tablets

22 Jul 2012 22:37 #33651 by Gilaelin
Fae Tablets was created by Gilaelin
Here in Finland the biggest tournament of the year - Ropecon is soon at hand and people in our gaming group are feverishly tuning and play testing their decks to make best out of them before the real thing. I have already made myself somewhat familiar with this deck and played enough games with it to know what it does, where and how but the problem is that in our group - as it usually happens, everyone knows each other and their playing styles and when same people with same decks sit together in about every table within last few weeks I'm not sure at all that I've gathered enough variable field experience with this deck. Worst of all in the last four tables out of six I've been a predator of Kraus's Avenger-deck, trying to bang my way trough multi rushing True Brujah as quick as possible which has been a quite dull experience for us both no matter what the outcome has been. So as I'm trying to get a bit more wider view of this deck and not base my decisions and expectations only on combat heavy home tables I'd like to ask for your comments and views. Clearly the concept of this deck familiar for everyone and the matter is more of tuning the details. I'm also quite aware that this kind of deck is usually done with g3-4 or g4-5 but as I am too fond of g2 Kiasyd and playing them instead of g4 is not overly suicidal I'm content to play with them. Also in this year's Finnish National Tournament there were four Kiasyd decks of which three played with newer crypt. By playing the older one I at least save myself from the danger of contesting vampires. Thanks already for the comments and advices. =)

How do you intend to oust?
Bring up vampires as quick as possible and power bleed my prey.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Trying to run the deck as quick as possible. Bloat with ashurs, combat end, chanjelin ward, fae contortion and secure haven if I'm being rushed.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Four vampires in the ideal situation and three if I cannot afford to bring up the last one or I have doubles in my starting crypt.

What do you want your average turn to look like?
In the early game govern down if I don't have overly aggressive predator or backwards walking prey. Otherwise full speed forward.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Lots and lots of heavy combat here but in the main tournament I don't really expect to see two or three heavy combat rushing decks in every table that I play in. Still, I'm prepared to meet more violence than this kind of deck usually is capable of holding especially if I'm playing fast paced style and all the table is seeing me as a potential danger number one.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
I'm still not sure about the card ratios in the deck of 60 cards. In more optimistic world I could tune down combat defense and replace freed slots with more stealth and bleed but I fear that's a lost hope. Also, as I'm playing mainly obteneration stealth the vampires tend to dry up if I'm not careful and sometimes even regardless if I am. I have tried to soften this by adding the Path for the lasombras but I'm still not yet sure it's worth of its slot in this deck. I could of course use more mytcherseria but that would meen doing the deck if not wholly then mostly from the kiasyd and that again would raise the avarage capasity of the deck that apart from Marconius is supposed to be mid or low.

Deck Name: Fae tablets
Description: Power bleed with low cap lasomras and mid cap kiasyds. The deck is trying to be fast paced and aggressive enchanting its card ratios and speed with ashurs.

Crypt
2x Marconius pot DOM MYT OBT Kiasyd: 9
2x Kassiym Malikhair dom for OBT MYT Kiasyd: 6
2x Julia Prima aus myt DOM OBT Kiasyd: 7
1x Quincy, The Trapper dom myt obt Kiasyd: 4
1x Ignacio, The Black priest dom obt pot Lasombra: 4
1x Tobias Smith pot DOM OBT PRE Lasombra: 7
1x Ramiro dom obt vic Lasombra: 4
1x Talley, The Hound aus dom OBT POT Lasombra: 6
1x Banjoko obt pot DOM Lasombra: 5

Library [60 cards]

Actions [8 cards]
1x Gremlins
7x Govern the Unaligned

Action modifiers [21]
1x bonding
6x Conditioning
4x Shadow Play
1x Tenebrous Form
2x Shroud of Night
3x Stone Travel
2x Blanket of Night
2x Shroud of Abscence

Combat [5]
5x Oubliette

Reaction [8]
5x Deflection
3x On the Qui Vive

Master [16]
1x Secure Haven
1x Chanjelin ward
2x Vessel
1x Blood doll
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Pentex Subversion
1x Giant's blood
1x Path of Night
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Great Symposium

Combo [2]
2x Fae Contortion

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2012 00:39 #33657 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Fae Tablets
Shadow Body is better than Oubliette if you are Governing your uncontrolled vampires.

I think you have too many masters to be able to handle 6 Ashur Tablets. I'd drop the Path and change the Blood Doll to Vessel.

I think I'd go 2 Gremlins + 6 Governs, the extra stealth and lack of cost on the action are both bonuses that you'll want more of as the game progresses.

I'd swap Talley for Guido , since neither has superior dominate.

More
23 Jul 2012 03:39 #33658 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Fae Tablets
I second Shadow Body. Also, play at least 5 Nocturns and 5 On the Qui Vives to chump block Deep Song rushes.

More
23 Jul 2012 05:53 - 23 Jul 2012 05:59 #33663 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Fae Tablets

I second Shadow Body. Also, play at least 5 Nocturns and 5 On the Qui Vives to chump block Deep Song rushes.

This.

This'll effectively double your combat defense - triple even, propably, since you don't have to worry about others going through your combat ends. They'll be pounding their heads against a wall of allies instead of grappling your guys.

Other than that, yeah, I think there's a wee bit too many masters there as well. I don't know if you need the path or the blood doll in there. Two vessels are bound to be drawn in the early game anyways, since you have only 60 cards, and I don't see how much more you'll need.

Did you think you could manage to fit in a capitalist or two? They'd help you with the blood problem loads.

Other than that it seems there's little to hinder what you're wanting to do. Seems valid. Just add those nocturnes! :) You don't even have to drop anything, just go from 60 to 65/70. Those nocturnes are free actions anyways. And they work wonders with On the Qui Vie.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Jul 2012 05:59 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds