file Ravnos with dominate

26 Sep 2012 02:21 - 27 Sep 2012 01:58 #37770 by Gilaelin
Right - here we go again. I had practiced for the first tournament of our local club's starting season for what, about a month with my intended tournament deck, only to dump it at the last moment, one evening before the tournament because playing that deck had become a quite boring experience. I guess playing one deck in somewhat every table within a month does that. Anyway, since I wasn't in my own place at the time I hazily built a deck for the next day from other cards I had happened to take along. The result was some kind of (quite crappy) Ravnos s&b and as you might imagine the tournament itself didn't go that well at all as I succeeded to get only one vp from the whole tournament. Anyways I didn't feel bad as I realized that I love Chimestry and a way it can shut down either your predator or prey. This, combined to multitasking effects of Chimestry's stealth/bleed/combat cards and dominate give lot of wondrous possibilities to explore and use to create something akin to working but somewhat different stealth & bleed- deck. Thus, this is what I created from that basis.

1. How do you intend to oust? Bring out Gabrin first and then two other vampires. Bleed with computer hacking + Fata Morgana or with Conditioning.

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted? Deflections for heavy bleeders. I hope 7 is enough as I have usually tended to play 8 in decks with 75-80 cards. Direct Interventions are handy for about anything and of course the main defense of this deck is Fantasy World that I will play backwards to slow down my predator. My rush-defense are combat ends and Amrias are there to get me out of grapple range.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)? Bring out Gabrin and two other vampires, preferably so that my table has two minions with superior Chimestry and one or two with dominate.

4. What do you want your average turn to look like? In early game I plan to play less aggressively as my bleeding power is not so pushy that I would like to waste it too early. First do all necessary equip actions and play Fantasy Worlds where they are needed, then start bleeding.

4x Gabrin dom for ANI CHI Ravnos: 8
1x Constantin, Baro of the Caravan dom cel CHI FOR ANI, Ravnos: 9
2x Natalia chi dom for ANI, Ravnos: 7
2x Joaquina Amaya ANI CHI FOR, Ravnos: 6
2x Sarisha Veliku chi dom ANI FOR, Ravnos: 6
1x Salbatore Bokkengro for pro CHI, Ravnos: 4

Library (77 cards)

Master (14)
2x Vessel
1x Blood Doll
1x Pentex Subversion
2x Direct Intervention
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
2x Path of Paradox
2x Chimestry
1x Lilith's blessing
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Park Hunting ground

Action (6)
6x fantasy world

Equipment (3)
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Camera Phone
1x Treasured Samadji

Action Modifier (26)
2x Mirror's Visage
4x False Resonance
8x Fata Morgana
7x Conditioning
5x Freak Drive

Reaction (11)
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness
2x On the Qui Vive
6x Deflection

Combat (5)
5x Superior Mettle

Combo (12)
7x Mirror Image
4x Occlusion

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 01:58 by Gilaelin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 02:58 #37771 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Ravnos with dominate
I've heard that Red Herring doesn't suck when you have sufficient diversity of actions . I've even heard that it was proto-chemical . Gabrin's Paradox indicates that you shouldn't use minions older than Gabrin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilaelin

More
27 Sep 2012 02:34 #37821 by Gilaelin
Replied by Gilaelin on topic Re: Ravnos with dominate
Thanks for your comment Adonai. =)

I edited the deck yesterday and updated it now into the first post. I had to reduce the bleeding power a bit but I think including Freak Drives was quite crucial as I anyway want to do probaly more than one action per minion in one turn. I also dropped Amrias and included Superior Mettles instead which are far better defense against heavy combat anyway. I was little afraid that my ousting power is no too low and that six Deflections are not enough but I'd like to think that Freaks give me enough actions and better card flow with Heart and Sphinx so that I have enough bleed in my hand when I need it and that with Fantasy Worlds I'm not in constant hurry to push forward as I can buy time by slowing down my predator.

I played with the edited deck yesterday one table of five were I was sitting between Setite as my prey and g2 Nosferatu Potence-combat as my predator. My grandprey was g1 Tremere-wall and grandpredator some funny Laibon for+cel+pre gun bleeder. I got 4vps and gw from that table. I indeed had a very good card flow but I really needed to struggle against Potence-combat and Tremere wall and at some point the whole table was gang bangin me to a point where Gabrin was burned all together. Anyway the things I learned from the game were that Freaks are golden with Fantasy Worlds and that even Constantin turned out working ok as I think that minion with CHI+dom is worth playing in this deck even if it's a wee bit heavy with capasity of 9.

For now Red Herrings would definitely be a good cards to include but at this point I don't yet have room for them. Maybe after more playtesting.

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun

More
27 Sep 2012 03:47 #37822 by Nick M
Replied by Nick M on topic Re: Ravnos with dominate
Shilmulo Tarot can be good. I'd add in 1 Daring the Dawn as well.

Nick

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds