file Tzimisce Catch v 2.1

20 Dec 2012 19:56 #43192 by SClaytonU
This is a continuation of an earlier post , but the deck has been revised and playtested a bit, so I wanted to start the discussion fresh.

Deck Name: Tzimisce Catch
Author:
Description:
A tuned-up version of my Tzimisce wall deck.

Crypt (Capacity min=2 max=10 avg=6.5; 12 cards)
==================================================

2x Corine Marcón 6 ani AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Devin Bisley 5 vic ANI AUS Tzimisce:2
1x Dragos 7 vic ANI AUS Tzimisce:2
1x Horatio 2 vic Tzimisce:2
2x Lambach 10 pre ANI AUS DOM VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Lolita Houston 4 aus VIC Tzimisce:2
2x Meshenka 8 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Stravinsky 9 pot ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Wendy Wade 3 ani aus Tzimisce:2

Library (90 cards)
=====================

Master (17 cards)
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Library Hunting Ground
2x Path of Metamorphosis, The
2x Powerbase: Barranquilla
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
3x Rötschreck
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Tension in the Ranks
3x Vessel

Action (2 cards)
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Pulse of the Canaille

Equipment (4 cards)
1x Femur of Toomler
2x Living Manse
1x Local 1111

Retainer (3 cards)
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
2x Revenant

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2x Changeling

Reaction (28 cards)
2x Cats' Guidance
6x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
8x Forced Awakening
2x Guard Dogs
3x Precognition
4x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (32 cards)
6x Aid from Bats
1x Blood of Acid
2x Breath of the Dragon
7x Carrion Crows
6x Chiropteran Marauder
7x Horrid Form
3x Taste of Vitae

Combo (2 cards)
2x Plasmic Form

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4a. (Dec 20, 2012 20:56:49)

How do you intend to oust?
I manage my prey's ability to act, torpor/burn his vampires, and deplete his pool with Fame, Tension in the Ranks, and opportunistic bleeding. Later game, I mop up a weakened table with Smiling Jack.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Intercept and/or redirect my predator's actions into my prey. When possible, I'd like to cripple my predator's ability to move on me through intimidation, reserving the bulk of my actual muscle for my prey.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Ideally, I'd like to see Lambach and/or Meshenka out (preferably both), with support from a couple of mid caps. I've been pretty successful in getting at least 4 vampires into the ready region in every game I play.

What do you want your average turn to look like?
In the early game, I want to get down my Powerbases, Hunting Grounds, etc. with my master phases. My minion phases will largely consist of equip/recruit, with Forced Awakenings on hand to allow me to interfere with my prey and predator's early development. As the game progresses, I will attempt to leave my minions untapped as often as possible for interception on my prey's turn, while looking for openings to bleed effectively. Once Smiling Jack hits the table I lock it up, leaving all minions untapped to defend unless absolute necessity dictates otherwise.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Our group's meta is pretty varied, but marked by casual sensibilities and a relative lack of tournament-level cards and decks (nobody has any Villeins or Deep Songs or Ashur Tablets, etc.). There are a lot of toolbox decks, a pretty strong showing of rush combat, some decent SB, a few strong Powerbleed, and a smattering of political decks. Most of our individual card collections are pretty thin, so we all round out our decks from a common pool contributed by our most senior player.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
In the first game I played with it last night, I actually ran out of cards. I was stuck between a !Toreador combat toolbox as my prey and a Setite bleed deck as my predator. My prey played backwards into me almost the entire game, so I spent most of my time fending off attacks from both sides. I managed to oust my prey, but had burned through 90% of my library by the time I was finished. My predator didn't relax his own attack, so I quickly exhausted the rest of my library and was ousted next.
I pulled off a pretty convincing table win in the second game without any similar problems, so I don't know how much to chalk up to circumstances in the first one.

Note: I don't have any Eyes of Argus or Deep Songs, nor any more Breath of the Dragon. I have some Read the Winds and Fiendish Tongue on my wish list, but I've not bought them yet. If I had any of these already, they'd be in the deck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2012 02:03 #43200 by Pagan
Replied by Pagan on topic Re: Tzimisce Catch v 2.1
It may not be an option but every Forced Awakening should be an Eyes of Argus.
In any case at least 1 Forced should be an OtQV as it is just better if only adding 1.

More
21 Dec 2012 15:31 #43218 by DeathInABottle
It looks like a really solid wall deck - especially given the limitations of your collection. I think you're low on ousting mechanisms, though; I'd add in Army of Rats and a few more Changelings, foregoing a few reactions and combat cards. That'll make it slightly more toolboxy, but probably also a little stronger. And Pagan's right: add in a few OtQVs.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds