question-circle Hektor-Armin !Brujah+FOR

02 Mar 2013 13:02 #45598 by aria
Replied by aria on topic Re: Hektor-Armin !Brujah+FOR
To improve the occurence of really important cards I would reduce this deck to 75-80 card library.
You should try wider view for your crypt management.

crypt :
-1 armin brenner
+1 pug jackson

-1 hunting ground ( too expensive)
-1 creepshow
-1 krcg
-1 vessel
-1 waste ( useless in most of the decks without a combo to use it)
-1 ancient influence ( do not give pool to the table)
-2 flack jacket

-1 forced march
-1 voter cap
-1 resist
-1 unfliching

+1 dreams
+1 wider view

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2013 15:49 #45605 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Hektor-Armin !Brujah+FOR
Two things:

1. I have never, ever won a game with a non-Alastor deck based on both combat and votes. Too many moving parts.

2. Have you seen/tried David Wittmans Hektor-deck from the 2012 EC finals?
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=10409 . I have no idea how to win with it though :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 Mar 2013 05:57 #45619 by kombainas

1. I have never, ever won a game with a non-Alastor deck based on both combat and votes. Too many moving parts.

I have won with one version of this one. The combo torporize opposition-vote something (eg. KRC for 3)-bleed for 3 is quite powerful if card flow is properly managed.

2. Have you seen/tried David Wittmans Hektor-deck from the 2012 EC finals?
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=10409. I have no idea how to win with it though

Yes, I have looked at it. It does not suit my metagame as aggropoking won't scare even toolbox decks, not to mention combat-oriented ones. Also that deck does not look extremely proactive as it has not only go backwards, but at any unfriendly titled vampires, because even if there is Armin+Hektor on the table, they combine only to 5 votes. Given there is no acceleration, the deck would usually have only 3 votes on table. This is enough to put Dogs of War under a condition that you would not use them against the player who allowed them to be played (wall pred/prey, methuselah with votelock), but there will never be enough to play Black Forest Base or votercap for more than 1.

To improve the occurence of really important cards I would reduce this deck to 75-80 card library.

Thanks, yeah, I think the moving parts would benefit from trimming the library down a bit.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds